CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: New pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: New pond Reply with quote

Took dans advice to hit a real pond in CT- glad we did that. Was up at 3 and fell back asleep- didnt head out till 8-9am and there was HEAVY fog. Cloudy and overcast till 11. I picked two slammer fish in the first 45 mins and from then on it slowed down.

This one went 3 8- short and STOUT- like every fish I caught today (I say I because tyler caught 1 pickerel.... he DID lose a solid 3 on a senko though)

So anyways- the sun came out and the topwater died- chucked around spinnerbaits/chatterbaits for an hour with a thorough jigging of every ok tree we came across with 1 pickerel to show for it. I figured I sucked and should quit life. We resorted to the senko around stump fields in 6-7fow and we see a guy doing the same thing pull out a solid 4-5pounder. Felt cool to watch the fight from the sidelines- fish was very accrobatic and I cant believe it didnt come off.

I plug around some more and pick up this beast- my only nonkeeper of the day. This is why I dont fish senkos.... 5in bait- 6in fish

Break off a good fish and I knew it was a pickerel- same area after retying and I get this nasty thing. Examine the look of utter disgust upon my face.

FINALLY I AM SAVED- picked up the dropshot and didnt put it down for the next 45mins.

This one went 2 12

This one was the smallest keeper weighed at 2 1

Just obese fish today- Dan's spot deffinately kicks ass and I really wish I had more time. I found a sick millfoil pattern- 10fow looking for sparse patches of milfoil- I went over three spots of tiny patches of milfoil and caught a fish off of every one. Only found this pattern in the last 15 mins of fishing.

THANK YOU DAN! Ive never been able to find a descent lake in my area and this one kicked ass- about an hour away but well worth it. Felt good to put a solid 12pound limit in the boat for once.

BTW- hitting a pond tmw morning EARLY (leaving my house at 3am) And I need a non boater. My skanoe is quite stable and makes for a good little boat. Bowmount trolling motor- eagle fishmark 320 wired for lights/switches on the finder- carpeted floor boards- chairs.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Nick, congrats!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job fishing and I great report Nick,

I was watching me son's football game thinking how this fog must be good for fishing. I like your Skanoe..

Question, What lure is that in your first picture? and can you tell me where you went?

Thanks,

Ron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fish nick! many good fish there.I know where you were fishing one of my favorite place to go with small boat.agian nice fish. Cool
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job WTG!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fish. Where is New Pond? Does it have an another name?

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
nice fish. Where is New Pond? Does it have an another name?

Bass Addict, I think Nick meant he went to a "new" pond. That is not the name of it and I don't think he will give the name so as not to piss off his friend who referred him there. In other words "Pond X" Very Happy .
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks skeeter.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, cant do the name- if it was a bit bigger I wouldnt have a problem but there were 4 boats there saturday!

The first two fish are on a big wakebait/swimbait. I catch a lot of solid fish pre dawn on it.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry, cant do the name- if it was a bit bigger I wouldnt have a problem but there were 4 boats there saturday! "

I don't blame yah, I thought new pond was an actual name of the pond. Nothing wrong with protecting a productive spot.

I found a pond by the shore that is covered in lilies and pond scum - most people wouldn't even consider fishing there. I tried it out and caught about 15 fish in an hour and a half all on frogs. The biggest bass was around 3.5lbs and the smallest around 2lbs. My friend keeps bugging me to tell him but he has a big mouth so I am keeping it on the dl. i would hate to pull up and see a bunch of people fishing there.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh deffinately, if the lakes over 50 acres its not as big a deal but these small ponds CANT take the pressure. Theres not enough lakes in ct, a few of the backup res's should be opened to boats/fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: