CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Looking for a kayak fishing partner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennethshaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Looking for a kayak fishing partner Reply with quote

Hey guys/gals,

I'm new to the site but have lived in CT for about 6 years. I am really trying to get into kayak fishing and have fished primarily at Bantam and Squantz over the past two years. I live in Cheshire, CT and have realized that there isn't much around the area. I'm looking for a fishing partner that can show me around, learn from (both salt and freshwater), and become buddies with. Promise I won't bite. Smile

Ken
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of lakes and ponds south of you along Route 69 in Hamden and North Farms Reservoir is east of you on Route 68. There was a fish kill last Winter on North Farms, but I'd still check it out, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo. Thanks for the tips. Can you shoot me names of ponds and lakes you were referring to in Hamden? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places. Also, I did hit North Farms but was pretty frustrated with the weeds. Should I be using topwater frogs?
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, frogs are the best lure for North Farms. That's what I'd tie on before I launched there. It's a bit too shallow for flipping, I think, but I might be wrong. You'd be hard pressed to find water deeper than a couple of feet there.

I've ice fished Butterworth Brook Reservoir, which is straight south from you on Route 10, near the intersection of Tuttle Avenue and River Road in Hamden. It holds sunnies, black crappie and largemouth bass. I've also ice fished Lake Wintergreen, which also holds sunnies, black crappie and largemouth bass. The lakes to which I referred along Route 69 are Bethany, Chamberlain, Watrous, Glen and Dawson, although I'm not sure whether they're open to the public. I've fished Konolds Pond, but it's private.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get out Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: