CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT river 8/28 with nephews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: CT river 8/28 with nephews Reply with quote

Fished the river today out of salmon from 11-3 with my two nephews. Mostly slack high to outgoing tide was fished. In all we managed 5 keepers and a ton of short smallies but her was the capper,my oldest nephew (he is 13) faught a nice bass thru some thick grass all the way to the boat and with two kids up front you can imagine the histeria...well needless to say with 8lb test and the fish going one way and nephew goping the other the fish broke off,it was allof 3 lbs maybe a bit more but a nice river fatty for sure. The look of excitment on his face was awesome and made me re-evaluate why it is i fish in the first place. I have gotten caught up in the tournament thing over the past few years and while i have very many fond memories of fishing and winning many a tournament with my long time friend and fishing partner nothing can take the place of things like today! Capped off the day at a golf course with my youngest nephew (he is 5) joining us and it was a blast!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! There's nothing better than fishing with a young'un when he latches onto a decent fish! They will remember that moment forever!! Very Happy

(At my age I forget stuff that happened last week,..but I always can remember those kinda fish and that excitement from my childhood! Wink )
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priceless Moments!! Very Happy WTG Johnny.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good day, nothing better than seeing a young kid hook into a fish. You are a good uncle.

I can't wait till my boy is old enough to join me. He is only 16 months so I got a ways to go. I did teach him how to turn a reel though. I took him shore fishing with my wife and he ended up covering himself in mud. I think i took 3 cast before the wife put the kabash on it. Good stuff.

Justin
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this time is priceless since i do not have any kids of my own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: