CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Quabbin Reservoir-July2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Quabbin Reservoir-July2012 Reply with quote

Went out to Quabbin Reservoir with one of my church brothers..didn't catch to a lot of fish but we had a consistent bite with senkos

The beauty of this place is utterly amazing and I enjoy myself when i go there. I caught the biggest fish of the day with a bass I think was almost 3 lbs or a little bigger, no scale, picture doesnt do it justice( I know people say that all the time)

A lot of small mouth action, mostly 1lbers

A very fun day.

Will be going back there this weekend hopefully we will do well.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My co-worker lives in Mass and he always tells me to go there. He said its a real great place to fish and spend some time.

Did you have to rent a boat there? I think I read somewhere that you can't bring your own, is that correct?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a real hassle to bring your own boat, you have to have some type of permit plus have it spray washed to verify that it doesnt have any aquatic species on it which cost like $35 bucks. I think its a way to bring in more $$ honestly.

But you are allowed to rent boats there, $40 dollars for the day $30 dollars after 1pm. I think they may have rowboats as well plus kayaks, depending on what gate you go go. I usually go to gate 43 which has a mixture of warm and cold water species such as small mouth and lake trout\ Large mouth and pickeral.

Gate 8 has a majority of small mouth, lake trout, and salmon. they may have other species at gate 8, but I haven't manage to catch anything there, not that good at cold water fishing.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: