CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Clinton/Westbrook - Thursday Got MY Jig On - Southwest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Clinton/Westbrook - Thursday Got MY Jig On - Southwest Reply with quote

Outstanding day at SouthWest all stages of tides - Jigged countless Blues to 10lbs and and couple Bass to 40". Did some Bluefish pre-fishing I'm taking some co-workers out on Saturday. Since the blues are so thick , they will be the target. If you want blues find the birds even if its just a couple and then use your FF to zero in on them, look around the pots (even at slack). No birds use your FF search arounds the pots for bait or marks. If you want bass be patient find the blues and slowly jig up and down 1-3 cranks off the bottom (they hit ion the fall so be awake). The larger blues were sptting out small squid, the small blues were on peanut bunker. Also jiggeg up some nice porgies. Marked squid and tons of peanuts. Diamond of all sizes with and without trailers did the damage- the bass came on 6 oz diamonds without trailers. All fish released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: