CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: 2 more new ponds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: 2 more new ponds Reply with quote

First pond was one my dad advised me to hit from the olden days. Its small with alewifes and deep water. I didnt wake up till 330 thanks to a shitty alarm clock I just spent 15 bux on that isnt "Extremely loud", I slept threw an hour of the beeping.

We were there and fishing by 5. I had my first slammer hit in the first 5 mins, off falls a 4 pounder with a good jump and headshake- I set the hook hard and couldnt figure out what happened until I reeled in and noticed tangled trebles- a recipe for disaster. 3 casts later and I hit a healthy chunk- tell Jay not to worry about the net and swing her over on the 65lb braid... B)
Didnt wiegh her- heavy 2? Long and skinny

Worked the slammer for 15 minutes and said F it, lets shoot for the stars and tossed the spro bbz1 for an hour and a half. No strikes/follows and no hits on the jitterbug/spook for jason. Chased around topwater 5 second blitzes on alewifes from 3-5lb largies for 1.5 hours with a 1.5lber to show for it.... I was dead on with a super spook, 2in popper, luckycraft jerkbait and a number of other baits enough times (or so I thought) to catch a few good fish but they were keyed in on 1 baitfish at a time. Very frustrating.

Gave up on them and flipped 10+ GREAT looking trees with nothing to show for it. Moving along and we come across some scattered pads so jason tosses out a reaction inovations swamp donkey on the inside edge and I chuck the slammer on the outside edge in the shade/wind. He gets a GREAT hit, sets the hook and fights the fish to the weedline where he loses it, a 4+. Not 5 seconds after he loses it I hook up with a CHUNKA on the frog- I swear ive caughten 50+ fish on this slammer- its chewed up as much as richies perch.

We pull out after working that shoreline and grab lunch at Mcdonalds (cheap! 2 of those double cheeseburgers and you want to die/are past full.) I just wasnt feeling this place- lot of work and none of it was paying off- didnt wanna beat myself up on a lake that wasnt putting out.

Head to a lake in deep river (messerschmidts) thats pure froggin country. I hit a 2 7 in the first 5 mins searching scattered pads with a custom chatterbait froma local tackle shop.

We catch a few keepers on the frog and the bite is good. I land a descent one on the bronze-eye a few minutes after jason looses a 5 on the frog- on for a few seconds- one jump and gone.

Jay hits a semi picture worthy fish after a while

Lots of blowups on the frog and lots of 12-14inch fish. Jay lost another fish that went 3 in the pads- that 30lb powerpro just doesnt slice through pads like the 65 im tossing. Left at 1 30.

The next 2 weeks will be ONLY night trips so I promise a few good pics. Goodluck and tight lines.
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day out on the water.

Jay might have better luck if he keeps his hat on straight Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,..seems like a lot of times those lures that are all chewed up work better than the brand new ones! Very Happy
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job getting into some chunk bass Nick! Very Happy
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

Good report as always, It's your reports on small ponds that caused me to purchased a new toy to get ready for next season so I can get into those places.

Picked up a 14' Jon boat that needs some TLC, but i't will be ready for next season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good ron! They can really be a project when your talking floors/wiring/trolling motor/ lights/fishfinder

But its worth it in the end Smile

My trolling motor needs to be replaced as is- theres a dead spot and the propeller sometimes stops spinning- then I take it out and the the prop and it'll start up again. Not looking forward to buying a new one
Crying or Very sad
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

It might just need new brushes and clean the armature. Cost about $20.00 if you can find the brushes.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys!!! I have to get me one of those green baits you have... what are those called?

Just one more cast...
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help on that at all ron? It worked up in maine- after we went down a 7 mile dirt/rock road at 25 mph. worked the whole trip with no failures then a few times after being back down here she started to fail again Sad

Its an MS slammer- there big money- $40-70
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I'll help you.. Send me a the Make, Model, voltage, and I'll try to find the brushes.

Then we can get together and replace them.

Ron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msslammer.com/index.html

MS Slammer's Web-site.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, and i get pissed when i lose a lure that cost 8.99!!!

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: