CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Lake Compounce
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Lake Compounce Reply with quote

Lake Compounce amusement park wants to expand to accomodate camping at the park:

http://southington.patch.com/articles/camping-at-compounce-could-soon-be-a-possibility

I wonder whether campers would be permitted to fish in the lake. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a buddy that works there he told me they wouldnt have a problem with ppl fishing the lake except you have to cross the tracks to do so and that to big a insurance risk so as long as the trains there it will never happen. He cant even fish it and he works there

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guys on here work there and have fished it several times with permission.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realy ....lucky when did you fish it the guy I know I havent seen in like 2 years so maybe they change policy that would be very cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swimming there a few years ago i saw huge bass swimming around. But i was like 9 when we went there so a big fish at that age is sometimes not that big.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWDarkcloud wrote:
realy ....lucky when did you fish it the guy I know I havent seen in like 2 years so maybe they change policy that would be very cool

Hey, Bob! I don't think there's an employee policy regarding fishing the lake, but employees ask for and sometimes get permission to fish it. I got to go ice fishing there with flippy (aka Jim) once a couple of years ago:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/lake-compounce-03-05-t6518.html

And here's an open water report:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/125-bass-caught-at-lake-x-with-flippy-t7877.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Flippy been, I knew he worked there and posted a couple times.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang ive wanted to fish that place forever wish i had a into the lake gateway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWDarkcloud wrote:

I've never fished it before. Wish I had though.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran across this,,Havent heard anything on being able to fish it when the campground opens,,I would say not,, as for fishing the lake,, I fish there all the time,,,heck Ive even put my stratos in there a few times,,
Martym122

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend that fished it all the time. Back when Barberino owned it. He used to keep his boat on the beach. He caught a 9 lber in there. I fished it when I was a kid, without permission. We'd sneak in from the back and work are way to the west side shoreline. Threw texas rigged 10" black curly tailed worms Caught a bass on every cast. THe biggest fish I caught in there was a 5lber. Sometimes we could fish for hours, sometimes the guard would be on us in minutes. Sure ran a lot when I was 13!!
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martym122 wrote:
I have a friend that fished it all the time. Back when Barberino owned it. He used to keep his boat on the beach. He caught a 9 lber in there. I fished it when I was a kid, without permission. We'd sneak in from the back and work are way to the west side shoreline. Threw texas rigged 10" black curly tailed worms Caught a bass on every cast. THe biggest fish I caught in there was a 5lber. Sometimes we could fish for hours, sometimes the guard would be on us in minutes. Sure ran a lot when I was 13!!

Ha! Been there,done that.I can't do the running anymore.We used to walk in on the blue trail that cuts through the back of the lake.
Caught a nice largie on a crank bait once.
I wish they would open it for fishing.I'd even pay to safety fish that place.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: