CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: TO NET OR NOT TO NET/ THAT IS THE QUESTION:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: TO NET OR NOT TO NET/ THAT IS THE QUESTION: Reply with quote

Like I posted under bass fishing went this morning and got a pretty decent SMB problem was I used the net to get him in. What problem do you say/ I'll tell you and maybe this has happened to you also. Took me about 3 minutes to land the fish. Took me about 15 minutes to get the trebble hooks out of the net (the fish fell out the hooks didn't). Just wondering if its worth it or should you just not use a net at all? Any opinions? cmorjoe p.s. YEAH TELL ME THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU !
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, worth it or not depends on what kind of net you have. If have the older type nets with the netting made of line type twine it will tangle alot more. Using a net made of rubber netting reduces the tangle tremendously. If you're not sure what I'm talking about you can see pictures of them on the Bass Pro Shops website. If you fish tournaments and lose a lunker because you did not use a net, ya gonna kick yourself for it!
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rubber net that jim mentioned and love it, Ive had some complaints from non boaters due to the shallowness of the net but I think thats due to there netting capabilities. I always start yelling when I see um go for a JAB with the net towards the fish, this always ends badly, gotta be confident with a net and a little experience pays off big time. Deffinately a neccessity for tourneys, I wouldnt land 1/4 of my fish most likely without a net.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto the others,...get a rubber net!
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the rubber net I wouldnt of landed two slobs a few nights ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: