CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Middle bolton- dissapointed, moodus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Middle bolton- dissapointed, moodus Reply with quote

Woke up early and hit bolton by 3am. Tossed the big topwater stuff and scored a dozen fish- problem was they were all 13-15inch and skinny. Stuck around till 7 ish and left. Not what I was hoping for.

Hit lower moodus by 8 and tossed stuff in the slop- missed a few good fish (per usual) and then taught myself how to punch pads- great experience and I can deffinately see it helping me out. Best 5 went 10 and change- still trying to find my camera- only 1 fish in our fun limit was a frog fish, just used the swimbait rod- boy is that nasty when you hook a runt and wind up hitting yourself with the jig and 1/2pounder.... I followed up on several frog hits from my partner and managed to pluck out a 2.5 and lost a 3+. Lunker was 3#1oz via pad punching.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL,..I took the second shift at Middle Bolton today,..from about 9AM till 2 or so! Laughing Laughing Had pretty much the same results as you except that I think yours were a bit bigger! Confused Out of about a dozen fish, I think my largest was about 13" and the rest were 10-12!!
I threw a bunch of stuff looking for a bigger bite, but all they seemed interested in were senkos!

Then, believe it or not,..I was actually thinking about hitting Moodus on my way home,..but after stopping for pizza and a beer, I was feeling kinda sleepy and decided that I'd rather come home and take a nap! Razz
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I here ya mark! I fel sleep twice on the ride home- thankfully only for a second or two! I got home and took a "nap" at 330 and didnt wake up till 9am this morning... g/f was not happy.

We gotta hook up out there mark- you into pad punching?
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a buddy of mine hit middle bolton last week and did the same.that place isn't what it used be.I have caught some really nice fish from there in the past.but good job on not getting the skunk Cool
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenkoBandit wrote:
Me and a buddy of mine hit middle bolton last week and did the same.that place isn't what it used be.I have caught some really nice fish from there in the past.but good job on not getting the skunk Cool

Like you said,..better than a skunk, but I think if you throw senkos in that place, it would be hard NOT to get bit! The fish were quite willing,..it's just the size that was a dissappointment! Cool
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

Good job as always..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: