CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Rod Overboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey5string

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Rod Overboard Reply with quote

Lost my balance standing up in a little aluminum boat last night and dropped my rod & reel overboard.

I didnt even realize I had done it until I realize I am not holding it anymore and its not in the boat.

Really sucked but the bright side is it wasnt one of my better rods. I probably would have gone in after some. Were going back around dusk and I am going to bring a bunker snagger and drag around where I dropped it in. It is only about 8' deep but the bottom is very mucky.

I just was looking at little floaties for your rods and I thought:

" thats a little bit much"

guess not.

on the plus side. The bass were MURDERING my new Iobee frog. Turning it inside out and upside down. A big big bass jumped 12" clear out of the water, straight body in and arc. Never saw anything like it. Missed it though.

I didnt miss to many. In fact, they were sucking it down so much that I considered pushing down the barbs because it was taking me too long to remove the hooks from the fishes throat.

My friend was catching them every single cast with a little white senko. They were all dinks though. The frog produced MUCH better fish. I tried to get him to put a frog on but he really just got into it and only has confidence in the senkos so far...
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping a rod in the lake sucks. Frogs dont!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i had the smae problem. thats why i buy fiberglass rods with a cork butt so it floats. or i buy pool buoy and tie a rope to the reel to the rod. never lost one after that
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
angry john

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have gone in after a few rods and might consider it every time until the water drops below 60. Then there is a certain amount of risk involved with the cold water.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a brand new saltwater set up last year as lunker yanked it right from the sand spike on the beach while we were wading and plugging. The bait runner screamed for a bit and even though it was set really loose it slowly leaned and leaned while I was scurrying out of the water but it finally touched ground and clicked off the baitfeeder switch and SWOOOOOOOSH it went jet sking away with 4 of us throwing plugs in its general direction but away she went! About $220 gone in 2 days! LOL. The beach wasnt very soft so I had built a rock pile around it but didnt do a good job for a huge fish. Probaly the 92 lb striper that later was caught and recorded!!!! Yeah right, that would be my luck.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: