CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: new from wallingford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallyworldfishin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: new from wallingford Reply with quote

just moved down to wallingford from hartford to go to grad school.

last year I really started to get into fishing, but school has started to take over. went to a local baitshop (uncle bens I think?) and went to black pond a few times. it was nice to find an isolated area on the outskirts and relax and catch some fish haha. aside from sunnys, only thing I brought in was a small mouth bass I think with some nightcrawlers.

I have a few old rods and tackle, but honestly am not sure what to use for what. kinda just go by the baitshop people!
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! If you want to catch fish and aren't very experienced, Go to Wal-Mart and buy a couple packs of "Senko" style worms. They will be right in the fishing aisle and look like tiny thin cigars. Get 5" in darker colors. You can use pretty much any kind of hook as far as I'm concerned but others will tell you otherwise. Stick the hook directly through the center of the worm 1 time so they are perpendicular. Then cast it near weeds/rocks/trees and let it sink. Once its on the bottom twitch it toward you a couple times and let it sink again. Continue until you have a fish on Very Happy Most people use this method on here when all else fails and it nearly always works. If you already knew this I'm sorry for wasting your time but otherwise good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site WWF Very Happy

Plenty of fishermen on here with history to help you. Keep looking at the reports too!
wallyworldfishin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09 wrote:
Welcome aboard! If you want to catch fish and aren't very experienced, Go to Wal-Mart and buy a couple packs of "Senko" style worms. They will be right in the fishing aisle and look like tiny thin cigars. Get 5" in darker colors. You can use pretty much any kind of hook as far as I'm concerned but others will tell you otherwise. Stick the hook directly through the center of the worm 1 time so they are perpendicular. Then cast it near weeds/rocks/trees and let it sink. Once its on the bottom twitch it toward you a couple times and let it sink again. Continue until you have a fish on Very Happy Most people use this method on here when all else fails and it nearly always works. If you already knew this I'm sorry for wasting your time but otherwise good luck.

I think I have a pack of those guys. whenever I went out to black pond the fish didn't take too much to those, more the live bait I had. but thanks for the tip! I wanna try to get out to other places, but with my increasing schedule and the season waning, I'm not getting out as much..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: