CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Beseck in the nasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Beseck in the nasty Reply with quote

It was plain old nasty out there today. Me and anthony had to wait for two dopes to strap there boat to the trailer fro 20 mins instead of pulling up to the parking lot and getting out of the way.

Got in quick and parked the truck. Tossed a bico down the shoreline hitting docks until we came across a small tree in 6 fow that I know of. First flip and pull a 4 3 outta my ass..... I had no feel to the jig and the fish was barely hooked- actually fell off before it somehow fell in the net. Solid fish and my best so far on the bico.

Fished around with the slammer after this cranking down my 9in perch hoping for a big bass. I finally get hit boatside but its a 30+inch pike- she missed the bait but it was really cool watching it go down. FIshed deep brushpile (10+fow) and deep docks for the next hour and a half but only came up with a few more 12-14in fish on the bico. Fun times. Broke that 4 curse from the last 3 trips :beer:

Tightlines!

P.s. took 35 minutes to get out cuz an older guy clogged up the ramp while he situated his boat..... PLEASE exercise courtesy while loading your boat- get it on the trailer and up to the parking lot asap!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I'm with you on the guys taking up the boat ramp. I like the lake but can't stand the ignorant people tieing up the ramp.

It seems to happen mostly at Beseck..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fish man. She is a fatty.

I got to start using jigs, I have used them in the past but never caught anything. But everyone I know that catches lunkers usually catches them on jigs. I got to give them a another go esecially now that I know how people are trailing them.

I catch the majority of my fish on spinnerbaits, tubes, worms and popers. I have caught a lot of fish year but nothing worth taking a picture of. I never heard of drop shotting till I found this site. I have also learned how people rig their jigs and fish them. I need to start using those methods to see if I can catch me some lunkers like you guys. I got to break away from my usual pattern of fishing so I can hopefully catch bigger fish. My methods produce, but just don't produce the weight you guys are pulling in. My biggest bass at a legal lake was 5.65 and that was 6 years ago. I need another hog like that man, I am dying Crying or Very sad

Anyways, nice catch at beseck. I didn't realize there was pike in there - good stuff.

That lake gets some shaddy people there who are clueless. Last time I went there, I had the same problem as you. My friend and I arrived and were waitiing for two drunks to pull their boat off the launch. The driver of the truck was sh*t faced and he took a half hour to pull his boat. I caught him and his partner swigging on a pint of JD and BSing. Me and my boy told them to pull up in the parking lot so we could launch. They were pretty surely but did what we asked. I heard the driver talking smack under his breath but i just blew it off. I dropped the boat and parked. When we pulled in the launch after fishing, I had a slashed tire on my 2 month old jeep commander. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad I had a 2 gash in my side wall. I was irate. I have no proof it was them but they seemed the type. To top it off that was the only trip this year I got skunked Mad

Justin
jlaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass.
Were you fishing at longmeadow the other day? I was driving by to see how the weeds were and saw a boat out there that looked like the one in your pics.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish,..WTG!
From experience I can tell you that coming off the hook while in the net is way better than coming off as you're reaching for the net! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Beseck bass Nick. Way to go!
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatd be me and anthony again jlaz- I found out that I only like that play until end of june.... The entire lake is a weedmatt and the fish are spread out but its an excellent size/numbers lake

Good luck and tightlines!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: