CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Offshore Reports
Viewing Topic: Little Tails & Tails 9/8 to 9/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tashmoo 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Little Tails & Tails 9/8 to 9/9 Reply with quote

Left Groton for Tails at 7:30 AM Saturday based on NOAA 10 to 15 S/SW from Husdon to Great South channel. I blew a good 20 all the way. We saw first whale in 237 ft of water just north of Little Fish Tails. Sorry do not have #'s. I was on friend's boat and he uese GPS. I still use loran for fishing location.

Had fish on almost immediately but lost it 60 ft from boat. Got lines back in water and worked back to same location. Lures were not working right into then wind but slugged it out until we got 1/2 mile west of hit and turned back into the east going with the wind. 2 nd fish hit and landed YFT tuna about 30 lbs. trolled area for another 1 hour and then picked up for F Tails. Put lines back in on north edge and had double albacore almoste immediately atbout 6 PM. That was it for evening. Night chunk was dead except for 1 big blue shark and 1 Mahi. Trolled from daybreek until 9:30 then packed it in. Saw a few boats stopped with fish on. Area is covered with weeds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were 4 and 5 footers inside the sound west of the gut how was it out there?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big a boat are you running? It blew like stink inside on saturday afternoon. Most have been blowing 30 knots at Pt. Jude.
Tashmoo 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fishing on a friends T Jason 35. We debated going all the way but decided it was fishable. It was wet ride out at 11 konts and trolling tough any way but with the the seas. All fish hit running with it.

We have to make overnight trips because we both have slow DE hulls. 11-13 knots is our normal speed out. Not catching on the night chunk drifting was miserable because we do not tie up to lobster gear.

The ride home from BI last Monday was a lot worse.

I was hoping you were going to report there was better BF or Mahi fishing closer to home so you do not have to do over nighter.

I would think twice about doing it again knowing you really have to stay overnight and for anyone reading this without a cast iron stomach it is not the most fun in the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Offshore Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: