CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: bashan 9/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: bashan 9/10 Reply with quote

got out to bashan on monday late morning. water temps 76 and the lake looked down 10"-12". started off on the shoreline a little bit and worked inside of a few weedlines with just follow ups of little fish. moved out deeper starting at 12fow and then out to a couple of spots as deep as 20fow. dropshot and tubes all day with just 2 bss to show for it in 6 hrs both on a dropshot one of them being a wacky rigged drophot the other ds shad. left at 430 watching the lake just boiling with crappie busting the surface on bugs. this was an odd day for me at bashan.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you avoided the skunk,..sometimes that's the way it goes.

Last year I had no problem catching fish there on a DS,..but the couple of times I've been there this year, everything's been really small and i left the lake on each occasion, feeling like it had been a waste of time! I probably won't go back for quite a while!
stumpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing is i have caught some quality fish there. and i have had days were i caught numbers and no size at all. but they always come on a ds. i think i caught one on a shaky worm that was of any quality.
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony has that place figured out. Hes constantly pulling out fish over 12inches every trip (allways 2+ fish over 2lbs) pisses me off.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Mark said at least you avoided the skunk. Some days are hot, some not. You'll get'em next time.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpy,

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.. I think a few fish is a good day of fishing..

I went to Bashan a few times a got skunked. Lately I'm just glad to catch a fish..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: