CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Will we see Ice?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Will we see Ice? Reply with quote

Between these recent overnight lows, how slow local fishing has been, and such a hot summer, I'm already thinking about ice!

But, with lake water temps still being high for this time of year, water levels low, sea surface temps still in the 70s, and lots of warm dry land in certain areas, I'm concerned we might see either a late start with a short period or hardly any ice.

This past winter we had mild weather that made most places unfishable for ice fishing.

Mid January 2010 is when buddies and I saw most places in the NW corner finally had 3 1/2" of ice or more which meant ice fishing was finally on, but lasted no more than 2 months and were off of West Twin by early March.

Recently saw the October through December report for the Lower 48 and jet stream pattern. Weaker than expected El Nino with very warm temps in the Asian area of the Pacific Ocean and very warm temps in the Northwestern Atlantic which might have something to do with ridges in the jet stream if temps don't get cool enough.

I'm hoping for these water temps to get cool enough for a good ice fishing season.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont wish to rain on our hopes but....... I hope its no time soon longer ice stays clear longer my butt sits in a boat and not on a block of ice Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWDarkcloud wrote:
dont wish to rain on our hopes but....... I hope its no time soon longer ice stays clear longer my butt sits in a boat and not on a block of ice Laughing

LOL

More access with open water is better than sitting around and waiting for a flag.

I'm into finding the fish while jigging instead of sitting around and waiting for a flag to go up.
chumslick rick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty up here in NE CT now Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: