CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New from Milford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: New from Milford Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My name is Daniel and I'm trying to get back into fishing after a VERY long lay off. I don't think I have fished at all in the last 10 years or so and that was back in high school when I was living in Wisconsin. I'm 27 and separated from the US Air Force in June 2011. I moved out to Connecticut to be with my fiancee, whom I met while I was stationed in Germany through a mutual friend.

Being new to things out in Connecticut, I'm trying to get some gear. I have a very limited budget at the moment which isn't very helpful, but it is what it is. If anyone has any suggestions about what to get to start off, that would be great!

I look forward to learning as much as I can getting back into fishing and how it may be different out here on the east coast from what we had back in the midwest. It wouldn't hurt to make a few friends while I was here as well. Smile

Look forward to meeting you all and learning as much as I can and hopefully land some big fish!
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!

Getting good deals for your money on websites is the way to do it when you're on a tight budget. Ebay, Amazon, Cabelas, and a few others are the way to go. Having a PayPal account is very important too.

Keep an eye on fishing reports here on the site so you can get to know which lures are and aren't working.

If you need somebody to guide and teach you, I'm willing to help you out. I live in Bridgeport which isn't far from Milford, but don't have a car. If you send me a PM, we can work things out on communicating and picking me up to go fishing together.

Good Luck!
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've been scouting around the websites quite a bit and looking around here to see what kinds of stuff people are using. Also been looking on craigslist to see what's out there.

Thanks for the offer to help out. That would be great! I just have to find some time. Schedule is pretty tight right now as well. I'll look at my schedule and see when I might be available and send you a PM and see if we can work something out. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
bjo16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just joined this site and saw your post. I am right in Stratford so were close. I am always looking for fishing partners my friends arent really into it like I am. Just my brother. Im just a few years older then you. 32. I got 4 boats and gear and everything so im willing to take you out. We can do the salt or fresh. Lemme know if your interested.

Bill
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JJ.

Bill - That would be great! My schedule is kind of wonky right now with work and school going on, but I will definitely be in touch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site!

want the most bang for your buck?! get an ultralight setup and let the fun begin!
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Manimal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in your area if you ever want to get out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: