CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: NW Corner Report 2/11/2013 !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: NW Corner Report 2/11/2013 ! Reply with quote

Hi,

Well .....Finally got plowed out as of 9:30 AM after 2 days trapped in the house by the snow.
Filled up my wife's SUV and my Pickup with gas and decided to take a ride and see what the lakes looked like.

Winsted, Ct 2/11/2013
Left house at 1:00 PM
Temp. 38 F
Very light drizzel coming down.

Checked the following waters in this order:

West Hill -> All Parking Lots and Boat Ramp un-plowed + all Entrances bermed up about 3 feet by snow plows and impassable.

Burr Pond -> Park Entrance Road plowed but not sanded, bit slippery -> Road plowed only as far as the 1st turn into main parking lot on left and only about 15-20% of lot plowed.
Road down to the Cul de Sac un-plowed.
Boat Ramp Parking Lot and Ramp un-plowed and Entrance bermed up by snow plows 3 feet.

Park Pond -> Parking Lot and Boat Ramp un-plowed.

Winchester Lake -> Main Parking Lot and Boat Ramp un-plowed -> Entrances to Boat Ramp and Main Parking Lot bermed up 2-3 feet by snow plows.

Highland Lake -> Main Parking Lot and Boat Ramp un-plowed and Main Entrance bermed up 2-3 feet by snow plows.

Did not go to Hogback or Colebrook as I determined it wasn't worth the time or gas to check after seeing all the other lakes.

During my rounds, I stayed in 4WD the whole time as I found a few slippery spots.
Most secondary and country roads only plowed as wide as 1 1/2 cars wide -> least they where sanded.
Ran into a number of road pools of melt water unable to drain off.
All roads sides bermed up from 3 to 6 feet by snow plows.
I measured the snow at all waters observed shore side on flat spots, and averaged 24 -26 inches.
Snow too deep to walk through .... so I was unable to check for slush or ice thickness at any waters, and I was alone.

Ran into some heavy snow fog between Burr and Winchester.

Saw no one on or tracks on any of the lakes observed, except West Hill which had tracks and those looked quite deep and not very far out from boat ramp.

Best visiual estimate of snow on all waters observed is 2 feet as per the shore side measurments I took.
Could not see any wind sweeped ice areas on any waters even with my binoculars !

Returned home at 3:00 PM
Temp. 36 F + some Snow Fog.

That's it -> Not the best of conditions to report !
Be very careful if you decide to go Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping to get out again, maybe later in the week if your not busy take a peek at winch for us, i bet somebody will shovel or plow some of it( I hope) Crying or Very sad
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikePERSUADER1 wrote:
I was really hoping to get out again, maybe later in the week if your not busy take a peek at winch for us, i bet somebody will shovel or plow some of it( I hope) Crying or Very sad

Hi,

Will do pp1 ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: