CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Happy Valentines Day ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Happy Valentines Day ? Reply with quote

2/14/2013

Winsted, Ct @ 1:30 PM -> 43 F .....Tomorrow 42 F predicted ! Sad

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY thumbs down

Wife's Happy -> Ice conditions SUCK Exclamation

SeaDog1 Sad
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, they may not be so bad, just icefished the Wethersfield cove, definitely not the kind of conditions for beginners or the half-hearted Laughing but once you got past the tidal fluctuations there was easy 4'' of hard black ice covered with 6-7 half frozen slushy crap and a good 2 inch frozen snow crust on top of that. For the most part i didnt even break through to the slush as far as walking went, I jigged the brushpile right out in front of the barn, thats where I stayed so I cant speak for the ice elsewhere. BE CAREFUL! -Dan
fishville

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree PP. I've checked a few of the ponds on my way home from work. I've found conditions are all over the place. Lakewood was slush covered ice that 2 hits of a spud go through. Black Rock was 4" snow on 4" slush on 8+" of ice (I measured an existing hole). Knife Shop I kicked snow off to find I was standing on 3" of stiff slush, I spuded the ice. 6 hits one handed and 5 two handed before I decided if I didn't go through yet, this is safe. My biggest problem is finding parking.
androux

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Knife Shop I kicked snow off to find I was standing on 3" of stiff slush, I spuded the ice. 6 hits one handed and 5 two handed before I decided if I didn't go through yet, this is safe.

Uhhh...what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: