CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: NW corner fishing 2/13-15.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
androux

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: NW corner fishing 2/13-15..... Reply with quote

Went out after work this week to prove the chicken-little's wrong.

Weds. afternoon: Got out of work with gear and was expecting to find ice, but no parking. Tried Tyler first, and LO! A plowed boat launch. Headed out and set three tip ups and jigged a few holes. The jig pole couldn't stop going off, caught a gill, a fat sunny and a small perch, with a ton of hits in between (and a lot of stalky weeds) with only one flag, hit and run. All in all, punchy ice with after underneath, with 8" of bubbled black underneath.

Thurs. afternoon: The buddy I went out with last week on little Bantam wanted to go out again, for some beers and fishing, and he suggested Mt. Tom. I groaned, and said what the hell. I never catch anything there, maybe he will (beginner's luck, right?). Yeah...anyways, no flags/bites/evidence of fish.....Just another day at Mt. Tom. Lousy parking at the state park, just one lane to a dead end, 4x4 can make a spot, I did, but others where parking along 202.

Today (Fri.): Drove to Waramaug to check ice and access, I'll be heading there tomorrow, drove past Bantam, State boat launch isn't plowed, but can be driven over, the snow is low and sun-beaten. Camp Columbia lot is plowed, but the ice looks lousy over there, so BE CAREFUL. Don't know about Folly's, two guys out on Bantam.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Ice on Waramaug? Reply with quote

How did the ice look on Waramaug? I would like to go out either later this week or early next week, but I am worried what this rain today will do.

What do you think?
androux

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, went to Warmonger on Sat. , about 6-7 inches black ice under an inch of water with a little crust on top. This rain shouldn't do much to it, only effect the crusty stuff, it's going to rain, then snow (starting as of now, 6:30 pm), then be cold for the remainder of the week up there, should be fine.

Did well at the state park, 3 browns and a bunch of perch, one pretty big. A whole bunch of guys out mid lake on Sat., parking looks iffy for that spot, figured they were locals. Might get up there later this week after work if the weather looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! I checked Coventry Lake in town here this morning to see what the rain did to the ice cover. As of this morning there was a thin sheet over an inch or so of water, and I assume the ice is similar out on WarMonger. I think I will wait until at least Friday to let that water layer freeze up so I don't get soaking wet walking out.

Nice job on the browns and the perch!

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: