CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Hey everyone, new from Enfield!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WW04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Hey everyone, new from Enfield! Reply with quote

Hey fellow fishermen,

I currently live in Enfield, I just moved here a few months ago, I did some fishing in the fall on the CT river down by the Windsor locks with some success and had a ton of fun.

I want to start fishing again but I am really unfamiliar with the area as I am originally from the midwest. I was hoping I could get some suggestions from people on here as to where to fish.

It sounds like the CT river isn't the greatest this time of year by me. I don't want to be traveling too far to fish either. I had read some posts saying the Farmington river is producing some fish, does anyone have any information on that river? Or any other nearby ponds/lakes?

To clarify, I was doing mostly bass fishing in the fall but I am open to basically everything, not really into fly fishing though.

Thanks for any and all information in advance! Have a great day!

WW
chud059

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I worked in Enfield for years, grew up in the WL area...
As far as the River goes, if you have a boat that would be better. I fish from shore so I've fished the pilings from the rt 91 bridge in EW/WL, and by the suffield dam across the rt 159 bridge.

If you go about 30 to 45 minutes east on 190 you'll end up in Union ct at Bigelow Hollow Park which contains Bigelow hollow pond, on electric motors or canoe or kayaks, great access from shore though, in that same park is Mashapaug lake which you can put a boat in and has some access from shore but not that great fishing from shore and if you want to walk a mile or so through the woods there is Breakneck pond... it's a beautiful area, great for walking and fishing and picnicing.

you can access the farmington in Windsor, you can go to suffield and fish the congamong lakes, "ok" shore access, summer is crazy with the boaters, great prime rib at Louie B's!

If you want to travel a bit farther east there are some ponds and lake there and in the Northwest corner is a whole other world! From Colebrook Reservoir, Bantam lake, west hill pond, highland lake, the farmington river in Riverton is a favorite spot of mine.

Your best bet would be to go to the Ct anglers guide on line and just check stuff out. hope you do some good fishing once spring comes around.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard WW!
JesseC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard!
WW04

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post Chud! I will continue to do some research on some of those lakes you mentioned. I have access to a canoe but right now I would prefer to do some shore fishing until it gets warmer. I will probably start testing some waters (even though it might be slow fishing) within the next week or so. I'll give you guys some updates on any success I have. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: