CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Rough Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Rough Day Reply with quote

9/20 I left work at 3:30 to go fish the Wethersfield res. My buddy was going to meet me at his house and let me borrow his boat. he was supposed to be the at 4PM but got hung up at work until 5:30 Crying or Very sad

I ended up dropping the boat in the water at 5:45. I drop the boat, pull it off the trailer and then parked my truck. I get back to the boat and the whole thing was filled with water - I forgot to put the plug in. I bailed it out with a bait bucket and it took about 15 minutes. I go out on the lake and my first cast my line bird nest - crap. I fix it and rerig it but now it only has about 25' of line. I switch to my other pole and the same thing happens. 20 minutes of untangling and rerigging.

I catch a 2lber on a buzz bait which brought my spirits up. I decided to turn in and my motor is dead. So I had to row in. I met up with Nick and Anthony and they towed me back in the rest of the weigh.

I put my trailer in the water and put the boat on the trailer. I had cargo shorts on and didn't realize my cell phone was in the cargo pocket. My phone is dead now(150$) Evil or Very Mad At this point it is dark so I had a LED headlamp on. While checking the boat my head lamp makes a poping noise but continues to work. I was like what the hell was that and continued my thing. I throw my rods and tackle in my truck and start to drive away.

I had my back window down so I put them up and here a snapping sound. I broke my diawa rod that I have had forever - it was probably a 80$ rod. Twisted Evil While driving i still had the head lamp on so I tried to turn it off but it just stays on. I get home and check the batteries - all 3 of them popped and batter acid is everywhere (50$).

I take the reel off of the broken rod and put it on another rod that i had. I respooled it, tie on a lure and then put the lure hook on the hook keeper. I reel in some line so there is tension but my drag is just spinning. I tighten it all the way and it doesn't fix it. The reel is toast (90$).

It was an expensive day but at least i didn't get skunked and now i get to buy a new rod and reel combo Laughing

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!! The way your day was going Bass Addict you'll lucky you got home in one piece. Very Happy Days like that makes you wish you'd stayed in bed. Like you said at least you didn't get the skunk.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG..! Shocked

Bass Addict. I'm sorry but I had to laugh, I've had those days myself. Just not that bad.

One of the worst time I had is when my son (11 years old) tried to use one of daddys new rod and reel to see if he liked it.

Now mind you I was on the bow fish when I hear slash Embarassed

I asked him " Hey Zach! what was that?" Shocked

He says " Dad.. Crying or Very sad I'm real sorry! Embarassed . I'm like for what bud? Rolling Eyes

He told me he tried to use my new rod and reel but it slip'd out of his hands and went to the bottom.

I almost died. The rod $169.00 the reel $189.00 that's $358.00 at the bottom of the lake Confused

His faced killed me more than losing the rod & reel, he and I learned a hard lesson that day. Baitcasters are not for him..
Sad

So I can relate to your bad day..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yeah it was a comedy of errors. My friend did the same thing your son did. He spent a 150 on a rod and reel combo and I took him fishing for the first time. He went to make a cast, the bail flipped back to reeling position and he through the rod into silver lake. I had my back to him and I just here OHHHHH NOOOOO. I turned around and asked him what happened. he replied with a frown " i threw it in the lake". I couldn't help but laugh. I told him to jump in and see if he could find it - keep in mind that silver is weedy as hell with big pickerels and snappers. He was too scared so he left it.

Thank god I caught 1 decent bass yesterday - it wasn't a total loss.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I didnt know it went that bad- you missed on some killer froggin- thanks for the tip- sorry we couldnt find a better bite to key ya in on. Those cops like ran me off that road.... ass's
stumpy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good excuse to get a shimano rod, lifetime warranty. sorry for your misfortune.
robbyducati

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks 4 the post
i feel soo much better about myself now.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpy,

It was a shimano rod, with the lifetime warranty. But I need arod to hand in..

I purchased it from Mike at TF, so he made more money off me..

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Those cops like ran me off that road.... ass's

Huh?? What happened Nick?
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cop car pulled into the launch after dark and refused to be curteous and try to move out of the way- that road will only allow one car to get through- I could not back up my trailer and they continuously flashed there brights until I pulled off the road into the brush.... It was the most inconciderate act ive ever seen a police officer commit. He coulda backed out the extra 30 feet and came back in.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! I've been there so I know what the road looks like Nick. Not all of them but some cops, give them a badge and a gun and they develop an ego trip as wide as the grand canyon. They think they're are fricking god himself! Those are the ones who truly forget who pays their salary. I guess just like any line of work, there are some bad apples on the force. I don't blame you for being pissed.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, they are typical weth pd cops - a$$holes. Over paid and underworked. I said hello to them and they just gave me the stinky eye.

BTW, I am going back there tonight around 5PM if you want to meet up.

Justin

Justin
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I always say...

"Firemen RULE, Cops Drool"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: