CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Anyone fishing saturday?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Anyone fishing saturday? Reply with quote

Hey guys anyone want to get out and go for some pike tomorrow? My usual partner is not going to make it out tomorrow. I was thinking about hitting up bantam one last time before the close of the season. I have big suckers and dead bait. Let me know and we could meet up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there bright and early! goin with a posse too. Never been so I can't wait! Buddy of mine caught a monster there two weeks ago. He's our guide for the day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoy the weather guys lol

if I go I will be going local

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Northend. We (5 of us) caught 4 Northern Pike. No keepers (since the winter keeper size is 36"). Biggest one was a 27" 6.4 lb. ice was a safe 12"!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, winter size is 36", what is standard keeper size?

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Navy Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never kept one. do they taste good or something?
angry john

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there supposed to taste just fine, its the preparation dealing with the bones thats the challenge.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the pike. Saw a few guys out on Wethersfield Cove (north end) this morning, likely Blaine Anderson as he would be there on an inch and a half of ice. Lot of warm temps and rain in the forecast. Be hitting the coves in my boat soon! Very Happy
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Nice job on the pike. Saw a few guys out on Wethersfield Cove (north end) this morning, likely Blaine Anderson as he would be there on an inch and a half of ice. Lot of warm temps and rain in the forecast. Be hitting the coves in my boat soon! Very Happy
I was out there with a group yesterday and today, the ice is 4-9 inches thick and very inconsistent and starting to get soft, who knows after this rain is done what will be left Crying or Very sad
fishin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out there yesterday too...had 9" to 10" every hold I drilled. I fished from the back of the DMV all the way over to the fire dept dock. Had tip ups out with suckers, not a flag all day, but got plenty of perch jigging. Was out there from about 1:15 pm (high tide) until dusk. I was the only person out there the last hour or two, and was pulling up perch every couple minutes. About to grab lunch then head out there again!
damage inc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4'-9" were you in Bantam CT or Bantam FL? That place had the thickest ice in the state of CT this past weekend! Heard they're doing a tourney there next Sunday! I'm in even if i have to stand on an ice cube. Great place to fish!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Bantam, FL? Who knows.....

I did the Highland derby on Sat., was (thankfully) power augering through about 16" of ice in the second bay. First time I got the Ardisam out this year, ice has been hand-augerable till now. Had a nice fat perch, and a decent brown, and about a dozen 14" pickerel. Went with a buddy of mine, walked quite a ways into the second bay, had flags all day with fish running, but after the fight it was the same expression on both of our faces.

"What did you get? Anything?!"

"Naw...Just another pick..."

Had fun though, weather wasn't as bad as they said, and even the wife came out for some jigging. But a good amount of ice up in NW, still fishing to go around. Have fun y'all, goin' to WNY this coming weekend, hopefully I can come home to a little more fishing locally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: