CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Any Party Boat Fisherpeople?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Any Party Boat Fisherpeople? Reply with quote

Hi there saltwater fans...

Seeing as I don't have a sea going vessel & can't afford going on a "private charter" I am held to the mercy of our local "party boat" fishing boats.

I also am restricted to Saturdays due to that thing called work so time is limited.

The boats I usually go on are The Middlebank II, the Hel-Cat II, Seven B's, & am going to give the SnowGoose 2 over in Port Chester,NY a try this year.

So in a nutshell if anyone would like to hook up on a Saturday sometime...let's catch some fish!!!

John Razz
JesseC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never really been on a party boat, let alone a fishing charter, but i would love to get out on one sometime, as i'm in the same position as you (restricted to fresh water) cause i dont think my 10' jon boat would make it too far out into the sound Embarassed plus i dont really have the money to blow on private charters either. how much does it generally cost to take a trip out on one of those party boats? i would definitely be interested in getting out on one sometime with you to do some saltwater fishing!

-Jesse
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ctsportfishing.com/
This has all the info you need. Went out with my dad on the Mijoy last summer for the first time and had a blast. Caught about 15 nice Blues. I would definitely go out again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends what your fishing for. i think is like 5 extra bucks to rent a rod also. heres a tip:bring your own rod. Wink
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost time folks!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
junkie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowgoose is a nicely run boat. Kevin is a great captain , easygoing and very knowledgeble. He'll start sailing soon for some spring blackfish then as the western end bunker show up he''ll take a shot on the stripers switching over to fluke for most of the summer until they thin out . Then for a mix of porgies, blues for a short period until the blackfish season re opens. Fluke and blacks are hus favorite targets. Price is around 50 $ . One thing I forgot to mention when most boats don't have enough fare they won't sail, I had the pleasure to be the only fare on the boat and still go out.
junkie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowgoose is a nicely run boat. Kevin is a great captain , easygoing and very knowledgeble. He'll start sailing soon for some spring blackfish then as the western end bunker show up he''ll take a shot on the stripers switching over to fluke for most of the summer until they thin out . Then for a mix of porgies, blues for a short period until the blackfish season re opens. Fluke and blacks are hus favorite targets. Price is around 50 $ . One thing I forgot to mention when most boats don't have enough fare they won't sail, I had the pleasure to be the only fare on the boat and still go out.
fishtrout24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a party boat finatic middlebank ii sunbeam heleniii frances fleet love them all just pm me when u want to go out i deff want spring blackfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on all of them except the sunbeam and the snowgoose, I think I like the middlebank the best...If they are catching fish. I went out of point Judith last year on a Blackfish boat which was absolutely crazy, most people on there was sick as a dog, the fog was thick the whole ride out and the swells felt like there 12 feet( may not have been) but they were high. BUTi did end up with about half a dozen Black Sea Bass and a couple porgies i think.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been out on the "Sunbeam" in a long time, so while I was looking at their site yesterday this is what I saw.....
Other than they don't have the price listed, it sounds dam good!!!

CATCH YOUR DREAM ON THE SUNBEAM!
Schedule 2013

Season Opener, May 4th

Blues & Bass

Departing from Waterford, CT venturing to Greenport, NY

Departing 7:00 am--Returning 3:00 pm

First come , first serve basis. We suggest you arrive at dock 1/2 hr before departure. Laughing

John.
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heading out on the BlackHawk II tomorrow for the 1PM trip, if anybody wants to meet there & hopefully get some stripers before the bluefish start showing up.

John.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you do.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: