CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: brad to leader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: brad to leader Reply with quote

joining lines!
with everyone using braid at one time or another and tieing on a leader - there are knots all over the place! (most of them can be a BIG PAIN in the BUTT) i use this knot all the time EASY to tie and durable! HEY fishing is supposed to be FUN!

keep it that way - use this knot!

http://www.animatedknots.com/surgeonsjoin/index.php?Categ=fishing&LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it get hung up in the rod at all? Seems like it might? I usually use the uni knot and for thicker fluoro I use the Albright knot. Really like the Albright knot, super durable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the J-Knot for joining fluoro leaders to braid. It's one of Field & Stream's Four Strongest Fishing Knots:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/fishing/bass/where-fish/2009/02/strongest-fishing-knots?photo=2#1001319715

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always used a slim beauty to tie braid to fluoro leaders. Not the quickest knot to tie, and you have to take your time tightening it evenly, but I have never had any issues with it. It's not too bulky (as its name suggests), but I still wouldn't suggest reeling it through your guides regularly.

http://www.animatedknots.com/slimbeauty/index.php?Categ=fishing&LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com
angry john

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP284 wrote:
Does it get hung up in the rod at all? Seems like it might? I usually use the uni knot and for thicker fluoro I use the Albright knot. Really like the Albright knot, super durable.

I use it to. super strong and relable.
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use the albrite special to go from backing to braid and from braid to leader. On another note, I just learned to perfection loop and the dropper loop for tying bottom rigs. dropper loop is a pain in the ass, but it lines up the loop so well ...
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just clicked on that link and saw the surgeon's knot. In my experience this knot slips when joining braid to mono/flouro.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Alberto knot, a.k.a Modified Albright.

Link

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: