CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Burr
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Burr Reply with quote

I went up to burr today w/ my kid bro+ his buddy. @ least 50 flags between the three of us-even though the majority of the fish in there are 10-12" pickerel it was a great time- a few bass came up too-my smallest on a flag this year -a nine incher! Ice up there was 17-20" and didn't even thaw one bit today-stayed dry+hard on top. If anyone wants to go out this weekend-or next: I'd recommend N.W.-ct. On winchester you'll have no problem driving an ATV or your truck on it this weekend. Winchester always has more ice than burr on any given day-after seeing Burr-I know winchester ice is still pushing two feet. Edges are softening in the usual spots: south-facing slopes w/ all-day sun exposure.
stripertime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant drive cars or trucks on ice in ct its a big ticket and even bigger fine if it gos tru the ice
Icemike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: no sh-t Reply with quote

I mean it's safe enough to drive a truck on dummy.
Icemike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: laws+regulations Reply with quote

Look stripertime-I love protecting a good fishery as much as the next guy-but to be online posting all this rules+regs. stuff like you're a conservation officer-then saying you will personally be the first to pass a J-dumb. Plenty of fishermen on this forum+ elsewhere prob. care a lot more about that than I do-I live+ let live-as long as someone's not being a dick- others might call the cops on you because you're smoking that J downwind from their kid or something-don't think we're all anonymous here if we don't post our names-I got buddies who got programs that'll show you someones' server,provider,+isp address everytime they log on. So be more-careful. Saying a truck COULD drive on winch. was an analogy telling a fellow icefisherman the ice was plenty safe for him to ATV to the far end of winch. one more time this year: just trying to help a guy get out. For a supposed reefer smoker-you seem VERY high-strung. Maybe you shoud try one of those J's before replying to these posts. Cool
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Jeepers Guys -> Please give it a rest will you !

Man ! -> You all must have been biten by the "After Ice Season Nasty Bug" !

Try to re-compose yourselves and act like civilized gentlemen and respectful sportsmen towards each other !

SeaDog1 ........ Rolling Eyes
stripertime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw winch has 12-17in I was there this weekend and half is starting to honeycomb already Burr always has more then winch it is smaller and less deep and it don't matter if someone calls the cops on me smoking a j it has been decimalized in the state it's the same as a speeding ticket and most cops won't even bother with it anymore its more paperwork then it's worth for them and I have had more then one cop tell me this
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

ENOUGH is ENOUGH Exclamation

This is a great forum, where all try very hard to be civil and respectful of their fellow fishermen and share valuable fishing information !

You 2 characters come along, with less then 20 posts apiece and start with nasty quips at each other like bickering schoolyard children.

This is CTFT -> "NOT" CtFisherman, Ice Shanty, or a few other fishing forums where that kind of talk is soooooo utterly repugnant !

People come here to CTFT to get away from all that kind of crap that you 2 are spouting !

NOW DO THE FOLLOWING Exclamation

Anyone else feeling stressed -> Feel free to use the above cure Exclamation

SeaDog1
Icemike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: sorry y'all. Reply with quote

Alright! I realize a few things here after paying attention to seadog's posts: 1. We don't know who one another are really on here-so me + stripertime couldv'e already met out on the water @ some point-and may have even enjoyed one anothers' conversation in person. 2. I'm actually much more interested in fishing/ knowing about fishing+ helping people out w/ fishing than whining+complaining-swear! 3. Stripertime- I will try better to make right by you-in the last post I was saying I don't really care about what you smoke fishing-but some do. So I looked up your "decriminalize" buisness you were talking about& in ct. it is for less than a half ounce-which is a pretty small fishing sinker-over that is still illegal-so for you: carry less than that in public is what that cop was prob.saying. And I was just saying there are some overzealous nuts out there so be careful-I mean look @ me.4. I'd actually be more inclined to take one off your j than complain about you smoking if I knew it was you out there-but just one-I haven't since college+remember how strong some of what my buddies would get. to smoke the peace pipe w/ you if it were. 5. this is a fishing forum. to talk about, what-fishing-really.6. Seadog-you were prob. in the navy putting your ass on the line @ some point for asses like me-got me to think'bout my family+buddies who served & thankfully came back from iraq+the stan in one piece. Then I thought about what was really important. When I started in construction I used to work for about three years out of a woodshop in sandy hook right next to the school-I ate my breakfast in the deli/store-fished the trout stream after work downtown-made additions for new families&renovated houses where people had kids just born-when I did the math I realized the number of jobs I done in people's houses in tha beutiful town where those babies would have been in elementary school this year-theres' just no way that I haven't been in more than one home of a family who lost their child to that crap-And what have I been doing here? Acting out in this way was definitely unacceptable+ that's not how I'm going to honor the memory of them kids-that's not how I want people to be when I'm fishing, that's not the type of place I want to live in. I'm going to spend the rest of my days making my community + country a better place-and spend my free time trying to be a better fisherman-So if I don't have something nice about fishing to say-I won't say it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: