CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Police
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Police Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows if a Police officer has the ability to give fines that deal with fishing. The reason I'm asking is because today I had two people tell me that they drove by police officers with three guys who were fishing in trout stocked brooks in Berlin. These were two different incidents that happened on different ends of town. Just curious to see if all six of these guys could have gotten fined.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows if a Police officer has the ability to give fines that deal with fishing. The reason I'm asking is because today I had two people tell me that they drove by police officers with three guys who were fishing in trout stocked brooks in Berlin. These were two different incidents that happened on different ends of town. Just curious to see if all six of these guys could have gotten fined.

I don't know for sure, but have an anecdote to share. When I stole the pizza from the shop in Windsor Embarassed , the police officer with whom I was speaking told me that he has the authority to enforce all of the fishing and boating regulations, but does not because he does not know them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that's interesting. I know two of the cops in Berlin are avid outdoors men so I'm taking a wild guess and saying one of the two caught the guys today.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Bridgeport the Park and City Police don't want to have anything to do with the state and environment.

2 years ago while ice fishing a pond in Wilton, a Wilton cop checked my buddy and me for our fishing license.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a call from a friend telling me that there are people fishing in the same spot again! Only a matter of time now.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can enforce those laws, you are correct that most don't because they don't know the laws. It is obviously the DEEP's job and in the academy the block of instruction from the DEEP is about two to four hours only and it really is just a familiarization as who to call for what. Like for Moose or bears and so on. The police are given books where they can look up the specifics of statutes before they charge people and nothing to do with fishing is in it other than the taking of lobsters. Hope that helps call DEEP.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will prorbably call in a fish and game warden instead of sending the police over again. If the people are poaching then tell your friend to call the deep number (i dont know it sorry). We sure dont want people taking all the trout that costed alot of money to get!
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went out to see if these places were stocked and found out that they were. Sure enough a cop pulled up and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was just checking it out and that there were people out here fishing earlier.
Erikmon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these ponds strickly closed untill opening day. Cuz rivers n streams are sometimes year round. I wonder if animal control cud help u out.
Cuz if its like a kids only pond or closed all winter thats kinda Fd up
Erikmon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these ponds strickly closed untill opening day. Cuz rivers n streams are sometimes year round. I wonder if animal control cud help u out.
Cuz if its like a kids only pond or closed all winter thats kinda Fd up
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, its the matabassett river that runs through berlin.
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Just went out to see if these places were stocked and found out that they were. Sure enough a cop pulled up and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was just checking it out and that there were people out here fishing earlier.

Great work there young man!!!

Keep it up.

Seeing the taxpayers money at work for a worthy cause is worth the price of admission in my book. Twisted Evil

John.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bugs the shit out of me when these people who don't even have a license are catching fish out of season before I could even get to them. My money pays for those fish and they are basically stealing them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: