CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: 3 ponds, great day/bite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: 3 ponds, great day/bite Reply with quote

This makes three weeks ina row that this cock smooch beats me for lunker on the slammer.... He's only good for a few fish a trip on it but there's always a 5+....

We got to pond 1 a little before sun up and commenced fishing big baits in the wind that was kicking up. A 1/2 dozen casts and I hook into a 3 14 on the 9in perch that absolutely destroyed the bait.

We keep along and anthony hooks up in the middle of the pond (5fow) I get the net all set and he brings it boatside... a 4lb pickerel... I hit it off the lure and tell him to catch a real fish. Very Happy

Little further down and we start hitting fish like crazy on the slammer- problem was most were under 2 lbs.

I hook up again, the fish just inhales the bait very ninja like Laughing We were both watching the bait and it just sorta disapeared with no splash. 3 12

We go along and catch a few more 12-14in bass on the monster jack, 7in xx, and 9in original. At one point I watch anthony set the hook on a small bass and haul him in, we here a splash and my 9in perch is now hooked up to a 15inch pickerel.... it was over the side of the boat. Few laughs and were back to catching fish.

Anthony hooks up and im excited for him after two HEAVY 3's and readily grab the net. After a short battle with a brute of a bass, I see her flash and turn sideways under the boat and get nervous that I could F**K up the net job. I land her and let out a sigh of relief. 5 11 and a new PB for anthony- fish was short and stout- only 20.5in long
:beer: :beer: Good work buddy!!

I seal the deal a few minutes later with a measly 4 1..... :ph34r:

19.5lb bag from pond 1.

Pond 2
Windy, sunny, and a clear water. We hit this next pond that has virtually no weed growth besides shallow grass and lots of mud/rocks. Dropshot was the plan of attack- shallow with the slammer in the AM and pick up a few in the late morning deeper. Well I hit two 1/2oz white spinnerbait fish in the first 10 minutes and both were 2lbers, they shoulda went 1.5 for there length but they were quite obese and I thought the fall bite was on. It was not, anthony managed to dropshot up an equal size fish on a dropoff (5fow to 9fow) and then dropped a fish while vertical jigging in 18fow- fish made it 3/4 of the way up to the boat and came unbuttoned- no site confrimation. The wind was gusting 20+ and I found myself wishing I had a hud.

Pond 3
Shallow, windier, sunny. Lots of weeds/ few half descent pieces of standing timber with a 6-8foot deep channel. We flip pads and frog the first 20 minutes and the wind/trolling motor issues have me rather flustered. I pick up two on the bico/otter (both small) and decide to toss a spinnerbait while drifting down this shallow paddy pond (should make a great early morning buzzfrog lake, if I liked that stuff) and come up empty. We head back up after getting pissed off (dropped a bico overboard and had some trouble with some poorly made peg-its) and im tossing the rat and cranking it down through this channel. I finally get a beautiful hit, swing, and miss.... Anthony has discovered that a texas rigged senko on a 5/0 hook makes for a mean soft jerkbait! He catches a pickerel and shakes off a few small bass. I am very impressed with the action of the senko- just as good if not better then a fluke/houdini shad.

Long day and im tired- going fishing tmw morning if the conditions look good/I wake up (need a partner in the meriden area, call me 376-8022.) Thanks and tight lines, Nick P
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff. seems like you guys have alot of luck with those baits your using. i was at wintergreen this morning and 5 minutes in i caught a monster bass but by the time i got down off the rocks to grab it, it snapped my hook in half.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great day especially at pond #1.
jlaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys! You guys are living proof that big bait catches big fish!

Joe
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all in the confidence, I swear it. Before I had a good day with those baits, id toss it a few times a trip and be discouraged- all it took was one amazing day and I am now a faithful believer.

Btw heres a pond list
1=pickerel pond
2=lake hayward
3=babcock pond
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Its all in the confidence, I swear it. Before I had a good day with those baits, id toss it a few times a trip and be discouraged- all it took was one amazing day and I am now a faithful believer.

Btw heres a pond list
1=pickerel pond
2=lake hayward
3=babcock pond

I've found that's absolutely true for just about any swimbait! If you don't throw it enough to catch a few fish and develop confidence in it,..it will not be a good bait for you!

ps: excellent fish,..great job on the catching guys!!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real nice fish guys...

Great job..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: