CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Missing Boat Trailer License Plate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Missing Boat Trailer License Plate Reply with quote

The license plate from my boat trailer recently went missing. The plastic bracket that held it on the trailer broke off. I really don't know whether it was stolen or simply lost. So I went to the Connecticut DMV website to find out what I needed to do:
Quote:

Here's a link to the page on the CT DMV's website:

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=810&q=245062

I reported the missing plate to my local police department, but told the officer that I wasn't sure whether it was stolen or simply lost. The officer wrote up the report as a lost plate. I waited a few days to get a written copy of the police report and brought it to the DMV office in New Britain to get an off-the-shelf replacement plate, today. After waiting almost three hours Rolling Eyes to talk with a clerk, I expected to pay only $5 with the police report in hand. However, I was told by the clerk that a replacement for a stolen plate is only $5 with a police report, but a replacement for a lost plate is $25 with or without a police report. Twisted Evil

If your license plate goes missing, report it as stolen, not lost. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing in Hartford,,That place is known for missing plates,,and other vandalism
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm peco......did you not read the part in the "directions" about the "fees"? It clearly says "without a police report stating the plate was STOLEN it will cost you $25". LOL Ahh just a $20 lesson. Thanks for the tip and reminder because I forgot I noticed mine missing lastyear and never did anything about it. Will do now. STOLEN NOT LOST!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: