CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Last Chance Ice!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Last Chance Ice!!! Reply with quote

What's up ya'll!!!! So sunday morning I head up with a friend to Winchester Lake with the hopes of fishing a new spot on the lake. Turns out we actually did fish a different part but not the intended spot. Yes we were on ice!!! Shocked Fished 10-15 yards off the shoreline from the embankment of the upper lot. Set up a row of 10 tipups from 3-6fow. We got 2 pickeral an 1LMB. Had a great shoreline breakfast while we observed the open water half way up the lake. Rolling Eyes A few hours of fishin', grillin' an chillin' then we packed it in at 11. I have some pics on my phone that I will upload sooner or later. Some guys like to be the first on the ice, perhaps we were the last!!! Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How thick was the ice?
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, the ice was composed of 2"white ice on4"of the remaining black ice. Pretty much a done deal now. here's the pics from sunday: We were only willing to venture about 10-15 yd off the shoreline. Any further would surely have meant a swim Crying or Very sad Funny how highland lake was completely open and 10 min up the road we stood on ice. All in all I was happy with the season. Much longer than last year. Time to think flounder an togs in the sound!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: