CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Opening Day - April 20th!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CtFishinGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Opening Day - April 20th! Reply with quote

billysenko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been fly fishing for them now for two weeks at the Salmon River. It has been slow fishing but I did manage to catch a beauty 6 pounder on a 3wt fly rod on 4pound leader.
billysenko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been fly fishing for them now for two weeks at the Salmon River. It has been slow fishing but I did manage to catch a beauty 6 pounder on a 3wt fly rod on 4pound leader.
CtFishinGuy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 pounder?...must've been a breeder brownie!...nice! I've never caught a trout over 3 lbs before (in the river that is). I don't fly fish, but I'll throw on some hip waders and get out there with my artificials and spinning rod! Smile
billysenko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a brownie, It was a rainbow about 24 inches in length and you couldn't get both hands around her It was really fat.
CtFishinGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a pic of that fish?...would luv to see it!
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but no, I wish I did. She had awesome colors on her but I was by myself and hip high in water. It took me over 15 mins to bring her in . I didn't want to keep her out of the water more than I had to. She was really tired and I wanted to get back in as soon as possible. I caught her on a 3wt fly rod 7ft 8 inch.With a 4 pound leader bead headed haresear nymph.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but no, I wish I did. She had awesome colors on her but I was by myself and hip high in water. It took me over 15 mins to bring her in . I didn't want to keep her out of the water more than I had to. She was really tired and I wanted to get back in as soon as possible. I caught her on a 3wt fly rod 7ft 8 inch.With a 4 pound leader bead headed haresear nymph.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: