CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Winter Flounder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Winter Flounder Reply with quote

I'm thinking about going out on a party/open boat the week of April 14. Anyone have any info on fishing reports or decent boats out of City Island or Sheepshead Bay? Anyone catch decent winter flounder in the area over the past couple of years?
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent... Idea
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out on the Island Current, City Island, today.Maybe this should be in the out of state, but i figured it is a follow up to my previous post. Had a good time with my nineteen year old son, but the fishing and boat were disappointing. I caught three. My son did not have a nibble. There were maybe 20 caught on a boat of twenty fishermen.This is over a seven hour period. Any time someone pulled up a 14 incher the crew acted as if it were Moby Flounder. The weather started beautiful, but quickly became snotty.

The captain seems rather inexperienced and almost disinterested. We stayed in spots without action for waaayyy too long - up to an hour. He was more interested in fishing himself than in seeing other people catch fish. The boat poles are set up with 30 lb. test line and are meant for blue fish. Hard to feel what lttle bite there was.

Of course, in hindsight, it is rather ridiculous to spend $65 to go out on a boat for 7 hours when the limit on flounder is two. Two flounder are not exactly the same as two stripers. but a bad day fishing still beats working.
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way it always is on these party boats, hit or miss and the crew wants to fish more than actually help people catch fish

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: