CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New from Milford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle d

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: New from Milford Reply with quote

Hello from Milford. I'm Uncle D, as I am known to my family. My name is Dave and I have fished steadily for three years. I fished when I was young, but recently just came back to it. Now I can't get enough. I go out all times of the year and during all kinds of weather. I do not have very much luck catching anything. I primarily target stripers. I do not have a boat. I try to pick up all the info I can from other fishermen, sites like this one, and the local tackle shop.
fish4fun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. Best advise I can give for shore fishing is fish before the sun comes up, or through the nite. Also check in with Jayson at Bobby j's. He catches more stripers than anyone I know, and is more than willing to share his knowledge.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dave!

Outgoing tide is the tide stripers like. Best times of the day to fish are starting around sunset and last hour or 2 before sunrise.

If you have a low tide at sometime like 9pm this time of year, then get to your destination around 7pm and work the outgoing tide until the tide turns.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Uncle D , you have come to the right place for imformation on anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: