CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Why I don't post pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Why I don't post pictures Reply with quote

1) Fishing a tournament I don't have time and being by myself in a boat makes it difficult. Any one who fishes tournaments will tell you that your lure in the water will catch more fish than a fish suffering outa water while you set your stuff up to promote your personal bragging rights. I just don't think it's fair to the fish.

2) I've been doing this long enough and believe I have developed a reputation that those that care will reasonably assume that I am not lying. I post when I do good and the same for when I fail! I do have "ALOT" of photos to show my personal best but do not have time to search my PC.

3) I post what worked and didn't with pout shame. If I win or lose your gonna get what worked. I don't have an ego or personality the drives m to be better than anyone else. I do have a personality the enjoys teaching those willing to learn and listening to those willing to teach me. If you are neither than I have no need to associate with you nor you me. I will figure it out because "I" unlike yourselves listen to what you post and learn from it. I believe there is always room for learning.

With that stated, just so everyone is on the same page my post is a result from the numerous PM's and E-mails I get from the "Key Board Warriors" who feel they know better than everyone else!

While you strive to boast in forums and waste time taking pictures I'll be fishing and letting e'm go so you may be able to catch seconds.

Have a Smile Day!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Why I don't post pictures Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
I post what worked and didn't with pout shame.

That is what matters most right there. Any post that excludes that kind of info can have all the pics in the world and it'll still be useless.

Best of luck with the tourney season.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Why I don't post pictures Reply with quote

ripline wrote:
Wanna Fish wrote:
I post what worked and didn't with pout shame.

That is what matters most right there. Any post that excludes that kind of info can have all the pics in the world and it'll still be useless.

Amen. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your so. right, I don't take many pictures because I fish by myself a lot. When I fish with my friends and catch a big bass then I'll take a picture of it as fast as we can then it is back in the water. We have cameras at the ready just in case. If someone hooks a big fish the other guy is grabing the camera before the fish is out of the water. As soon as it comes in the boat we take a pic and back in it goes.
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care much either about pictures,,, People that know me, know I wont take a picture under 5lbs,, I just dont care,,I catch them and throw them back,,It cracks me up when I see pictures of every fish they catch,,
rmflint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said! Pictures are nice, but too much work to post. I like getting a shot of the bigguns though cause if I didn't I'd get crap, not from you guys, but from my family and friends. Plus my mom would want to see so I take pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...and you all READ Playboy for the articles too... Laughing

I'd still rather read a report with pics as long as you are posting some good info along with them.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:

All the young guys on here are saying to themselves, "Playboy? But I have the Internet!" Laughing

We're old, Derek! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Dirty Dog, Peco and Wanna Fish. When I first got on the and started reading I preferred posts with pictures and still do, but as long as the posts have some good info. I like to post pictures of fish and like Phil the lake and launch in case someone has never been there and wants to know if they could launch a bigger boat and such.

I do agree and respect the people who don't post picture and the reasons they don't post. I just happen to be a more visual person and I like a few pictures. But pictures or no pictures if there is no good info in the post why even bother post to say you went fishing and had a good day.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see pics just to rejoice with them that do rejoice, if you don't have a pic well sometimes you just have another fish tale(not all the time)

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
DirtyDawg10 wrote:

All the young guys on here are saying to themselves, "Playboy? But I have the Internet!" Laughing

We're old, Derek! Laughing

Laughing Good point!!
NateD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to post a bunch of pictures but I won't. Pictures are basically the only reason I browse the forums. They allow us to share something we love with people who can appreciate it. I could really care less how a fish was caught, we all have our favorite baits, just the fact that it was caught and I can look at it is what makes me happy.
Also my camera has a self timer, takes less than a minute to snap 3 pictures. Just my .2 cents.
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateD wrote:
I was about to post a bunch of pictures but I won't. Pictures are basically the only reason I browse the forums. They allow us to share something we love with people who can appreciate it. I could really care less how a fish was caught, we all have our favorite baits, just the fact that it was caught and I can look at it is what makes me happy.
Also my camera has a self timer, takes less than a minute to snap 3 pictures. Just my .2 cents.

Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: