CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: How do bass react to this kind of weather?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdcrack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: How do bass react to this kind of weather? Reply with quote

I live in Missouri now and last week and the beginning of this week it was 70 and 80s. Today it is 40 and tonight we will even be getting snow!!! ugh...

Last week I had a lot of success getting bites in the shallows from spinner, cranks, and pitching jigs near structure. My question is, with the cold weather will they start to go deeper again or should they still be shallow and starting to sit on beds?

I have no idea, honestly
Maximillion

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats crazy but I would start shallow and see if theyre still there. If youre not getting anything like you were before go to the nearest drop off and fish there. Im not a biologist so dont take my word for it just giving you an idea of what I would do in your situation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was my thought. The lakes I usually fish out here have a variety of structure so I am lucky in that sense. There are some nice rocky dropoffs right off shore which have produced nice fish for me.

Anyone else got insight?
NateD

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long will the cold front last? More than a day and they will most likely they will head back out to the depths. Seems like that would really mess with a spawn as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: