CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Fallen in Love with 2 Rods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Fallen in Love with 2 Rods Reply with quote

Over the winter I did lots of research online for new surf fishing rods. Back in March I purchased a 7'6" Okuma SST Salmon Spin medium power 2 piece. Earlier this month I compared it to a 3 piece Okuma Nomad Inshore ML/M Traveler's Rod that I used during the November striper run. The SST is lighter, more flexible, and has better action. Jimmy from Jimmy O's even told me that he could see that rod handling anything.

Decided to sell the Nomad on Ebay, which went for $120. Some of that money went towards a 7' Daiwa Procyon MHF 2 piece freshwater bass rod. Used it for the first time Friday and loved how it can cast. It even set the hook easily on a 16" striper.

Tested both by throwing a soft plastic rigged with a 3/4 ounce Hurricane jighead. Both rods can cast a 3/4 ounce jighead hard and far.

Both rods have very good sensitivity to tell if you're hitting bottom, bumping against bait, or getting a hit from a fish.

So I found the rods I was looking for when it comes to a 2 piece rod for light action surf fishing and throwing lighter lures.
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a new surf rod. I'll have to check them out at Jimmy O's if he has them. He's a cool guy with a nice bait shop.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Tica. Good quality for the money. Harborview in Stratford typically has them in stock. I have 2 Tica Surfs and one Tica Graphite which is the lighter rod for whipping smaller plugs and jig heads.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landed a new PB CT keeper with the Daiwa today! Measured 32" and weighed 12 pounds 12 ounces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: