CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Finally joined...from new britian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee_Boog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Finally joined...from new britian Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been poaching info off this site for about 5 months now and I guess conscious got the better of me, so I joined with the intention of sharing what I have found in ct. I can't say enough about some of the users giving info out about the trout streams in this area, they really showed me some nice spots, especially the pequabuck river and the ponds next to Stop and Shop in Berlin that are loaded with crappie.
Anyways thanks again for all the info, I am an all species, all gear type of angler. Predominately from shore going for trout and smallies . I'll take a 12ft wide stream all day over anywhere, some of the best and beautiful fish come outta those places. Personal bests are only 4lb smallie and 2.5lb brown. I literally drive anywhere in this state to find that gin clear water, rapids sections anywhere I can find the slot.
I grew up in Suffield, fished Stoney Brook, Scantic river from somersville to broad brook, hockanum river in Manchester, tankerhoosen river in Vernon, upper west branch Farmington river from the dam all the way down, salmon river in east hampton, blackledge river in marlboro, and now as I said I live in new britian now so I've been heading out to Berlin , plainville, Bristol on the word of you guys and girls.

Tight lines everyone!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard GB!
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard ...hope to see ya out there

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I grew up in Windsor Locks, fished stoney brook many times, used to go up the canal where the brook and the river would meet in the summer... I live in Manchester now, right near exit 60 / rt84...I fish that section near the road quite often... my wife and I like to walk the trail behind East Catholic and Cheney tech, then I'll fish for a while... I've gotten some trout there, it's a nice spot to relax.

I work in Bristol, I go by exit 37 (batterson pond) everyday... when I can get some "open" shifts I like to stop by there on the way home usually when 84 east bound is backed up between 5 and 7pm....

I haven't fished in Bristol very much, just pine road pond once last year and I know the river is pretty good, but not sure where to fish it.. also, hamlin pond is right off of 72, I've stopped there a couple of times.

Good luck and tight lines!
Gee_Boog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester has a couple nice spots I like to hit on the way thru. I park at the Irving gas by the Timken bearing place and walk across the road, real nice hole there. Also you can park at the old rally Subaru dealership and fish before the bridge. Then on the other side of that bridge you can park at the ball field and walk the trail and fish too. Also Pleasantview road(?) right by the animal hospital on route 30 just over the line in Vernon is a nice Brookie hole... I'm headed to Riverton tomorrow myself to get lost for a while Smile report to follow
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: