CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Anybody tired of tournaments?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Anybody tired of tournaments? Reply with quote

Just curious if I'm among the minority or what? I was looking at the state tournament schedule for this year and there are lots and lots of them. At Candlewood where I fish, it's just about every weekend all summer long. My issue is I get there at 6am to launch and there are 30 boats in the lot waiting to launch for a tournament. Unless I get there about 5am I can forget about it. I'm not in the tournaments, I just want to fish for a few hours.

I know there has to be some good ol boys like me just out to fish a few hours?
x182dan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody tired of tournaments? Reply with quote

clinteastwood wrote:
Just curious if I'm among the minority or what? I was looking at the state tournament schedule for this year and there are lots and lots of them. At Candlewood where I fish, it's just about every weekend all summer long. My issue is I get there at 6am to launch and there are 30 boats in the lot waiting to launch for a tournament. Unless I get there about 5am I can forget about it. I'm not in the tournaments, I just want to fish for a few hours.

I know there has to be some good ol boys like me just out to fish a few hours?

Ya I'm with you I fish mainly for fun. I see no need to be part of a club and do tournaments every weekend. I do however like to do tournaments once and a while. I like to do a few a year. I will usually look at the schedule of tournaments and look for a lake that doesn't have anything scheduled.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on another forum and there was a whole lot of guys in my predicament. You get to the launch and there are 30 boats there for a tournament waiting to launch and I have to sit there for a couple hours and they won't let me just launch and go. Some of the out of state guys seem to have attitudes. I guess I'll have to take some days to go during the week this year as there are a whole lot of tournaments.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish Candy a lot and find the tournament guys have always waved me ahead. They can't start until 7am on Candy. I launch at 6am and just ask if I can launch ahead of them. Have yet to run into a uncooperative club.

I've never had an issue launching. I belong to a small club that fishes every 2/3 weekends. On at 6/7am off by 12/1pm. We wave all recreational anglers ahead and clear out of the launch area as fast as possible. We don't launch then load our boats as most recreational boaters do.

I wouldn't put all CT clubs in that category. But I do understand your frustrations with Bass Tournaments. We've run across a few idiots along with property owners and real estate agents trying to sell a piece of property. I personally would like to see out of state club events reduced.

As a Tournament Angler and Recreational Fisherman I go out of my way for all anglers not to interfere in any way with your launching or fishing spot.

If your reading the DEEP Tourney Schedule you see the event start time. Simple resolve is to launch a 1/2 hour before or after. There won't be any wait at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: