CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: NEED HELP help me ID my starcraft!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camojammin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: NEED HELP help me ID my starcraft!! Reply with quote

ok so i picked this "gem" up for a decent price, i got the BOS but i havent been able to find a HIN, all i have found was the MFG id tag and thats it! so i know its a Starcraft sealite 12 O/B but it doesnt have a year on it or a hull number, here are a few picsa and i can get more and better ones if anyone can help, im also located in haddam, so i can meet people locally

limeymotors

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What boat? all I see is a Chevy, and a ford in a driveway full of flower petals. Oh wait did somebody camoflage your boat and trailer? That's why I can't see it. -Duncan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cammojammin,, got yourself a duck hunting boat,,nice,,Whoever you bought that boat off of should have a registration,,it was registered in 09 so worse case scenario,, go to motor vehicle with your bill of sale and your registration # and they will set you up,,MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR BILL OF SALE!!!!! Good Luck,,it also looks early to mid 70s hull,,same with the motor,,,look at the left side of the hull on the back transom,,it might have been painted over,,its always not a rivited tag,,sometimes it was punched in the hull,,but it should be on the top side next to the back grab handles also check the right side,,they just maybe painted over the stamped #ers,,,they also could have covered it up on the inside,,where you have that board going across the back with the motor
camojammin

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yea, it was camo'd out when i got it, and the motor is a champ, as for the last reg, he lost it in 2009 when he parked the boat, but hopefully the BOS will get me what i need, as for the Hull number im going to keep hunting
anointed130

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that there are normally two hull numbers one is always hidden just in case boat is stolen. Can't recall what kind of officer can locate it.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
camojammin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I have read that there are normally two hull numbers one is always hidden just in case boat is stolen. Can't recall what kind of officer can locate it.

hmmm... i may have to look into that... if it even has a hull number... the more i look into it the more it looks like a 71-72 hull
anointed130

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the plate is from Ma, they will create a hull number for the boat if the hull is prior to a certain year.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
camojammin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I see the plate is from Ma, they will create a hull number for the boat if the hull is prior to a certain year.

its a CT plate, the flash makes it look funny, but i looked all over the transom today to no avail... but i got the bill of sale, so im still hopefull
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DMV can provide a replacement title for $25 which will have all the info on it. Here are the links you should need.

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=816&Q=244692
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=816&Q=244690

Good luck and tight lines!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: