CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: RULES - READ ME BEFORE YOU POST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: posting Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new, joined in November. I love to read the posts and I see the new members' section, but I can't find any way to introduce myself, add a comment, ask a question, etc. Please help! --Len
hila2006

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey welcome. You just have to click on whichever post you'd like to make, like bass fishing, river reports etc. Then click new topic, and you should be able to post your questions, fishing reports etc.
Paulgottafish

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: new member, help with avatar Reply with quote

Good morning, I am a new member, and need help adding my avatar photo to my username. What link can I click on to get updated directions?

Thanks,
BoatingGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon,
I just registered yesterday. I work for an online boating safety company http://BOATERexam.com, if anyone has any questions on rules and regulations for CT or any other state, feel free to ask.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

FYI Exclamation

I've posted this before.

"Not a one" of the 50 United States issues a "Boaters License" -> All 50 states are only allowed to issue a "Certificate of Boating Safety".

The ONLY agency in these United States that issues a "License" is the United States Coast Guard (must be renewed every 5 years)....... the lowest issue USCG Lic. is called a 6 pack....from there it depends on vessel tonnage and whether the vessel will be used in inland waters or ocean waters ( there are some licenses restricted as to distance seaward off the land....NOTE: Long Island Sound is inland waters.)

All US charterboat captains (inland or ocean).... "must....by Law" have a USCG license, as they are carrying paying passengers for their services.

Look at your state issued boaters card and you will see it says "Certificate......not License".

If you have a USCG issued Lic. then it is "absolutely mandatory" for you to obey all of the "Rules of the Road" to the letter at all times, plus observe all marine courtesy to other vessels of any size.
Recreational boaters have the same obligation!

Those 1 day boater safety courses offered are the biggest joke ever perpetrated on the boating public.!
No one can learn boating safety, rules and regs., or navigation in 1 day.
The whole 1 day thing is just to get your money!

I highly recommend, 1st and formost, a boater's safety course that is conducted by your local USCG Auxiliary (taught by USCG licensed instructors).
If none local then a USCG approved boaters school.

Best regards,
SeaDog1 ......USCG Lic. Master Unlimited ...US Merchant Marine (Steam and Motor) any Tonnage, any Waters. (I'm on my 11th lic. issue)
meanjean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is to all the new members. Don't worry about posting anything on this site. If you post it in the wrong area, there will be plenty of people that will be more then willing to correct you. It happen to me once and thats all it took to discourage any more posts. Have a good time with these (fishermen) and I use the term loosely.
eatsleepfish

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm Casey from New Britain and I like to fish!
glennmerk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: glennmerk from fl Reply with quote

I grew up in new millford Ct!!! I now live new smynra fl!! I love fishing in Ct and fl!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: