CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: TMA on Mothers Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: TMA on Mothers Day Reply with quote

Went on Mothers Day to the local TMA (yeah i know, great son huh). Started at 1ish and used a olive wooly bugger streamer and had a few browns chase it. As im fishing my streamer my dad fishing a nymph in currect kept bringing in rainbows and browns ranging from 9-17inches (4 were caught at the the time)then around 3ish the bite started and caught 7 rainbows around 15-17inches and 5 browns 14-16 inches. All fish were caught on a olive, brown, and black streamer and my dad used a smaller beaded nymph. My dad caught 7 and i got 5.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went fishing that day as well.Breakfast and dinner with mom.The afternoon i went fishing.

Sounds like you had a fun day.
As for all those follows but no hook-ups at first.I have always found that going smaller produces more.It isn't that easy for them to see.
A dark beaded nymph at the head and tails of runs and pools is a deadly tactic all year long.That is my favorite way to go.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: