CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: TROUT are a WASTE!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: TROUT are a WASTE! Reply with quote

To hell with the trout! Rip out the hooks! Nobody cares about the trout! IGFA says.... Marlin, Swordfish, Lawyers, Yankee Power Canal, Sea dogs, reading every word, floating trout pictures..... Lol you guys make me laugh with that post below.... Thanks I needed that

I will say this.......

#1. I agree 1000% with Nick P. They're stocked trout. Who cares? In a small pond they won't survive past July anyway. Take a look at Eastbury Pond every year in August. What very very few trout are left (because they're the freakin easiest things to catch on the planet.) are dead floating in August ready to be eatin by the birds. I just see Trout stocking as a multi million dollar bass feeding program. Other than that its a total waste and good bass lakes are shut down for weeks during the best time of year, because of the freakin Trout.

#2. Another good Nick P point. LEARN HOW TO NOT GUT HOOK FISH! I haven't gut hooked a fish in years! Mainly because I'm not a Senko thrower but more so because I pay attention and detect a strike before the fish has digested my lure for 5 minutes. Senko chuckers gut hook more freakin fish than anyone BTW. My advice, learn how to fish. Use something else. I caught 30 fish last year on the River over 5lbs including one over 9! Never touched a Senko all year. Guess what? You don't need senkos!

#3. I really hope you guys aren't digging the hooks out of gut hooked bass especially ones on the River. I can guarantee the fish will have a much better chance if you just leave it in rather than performing some half ass operation on it. If I see a lot of dead fish on the River, like say in the Nuke plant, from people ripping out hooks, Ill be dishing out a 250 horse power shower. I promise.

#4. LEARN HOW TO FISH! REAL FISHERMEN DON'T GUT HOOK ANY FISH!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!

Last edited by Justin Tralli on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
clopes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with that is people (kids as well) like the fact that they're easy to catch. Easily accessible and don't have to do much other than a hook and worm or power bait and wait. I could go with not chasing trout at all but to each his own.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, I agree but kids have to learn somewhere and somehow. I cant see a 5 year old whipping out a Clack n crank off their Snoopy pole. LOL Im happy to say I got my son interested in fishing again the other day (9 years old) and he wants nothing to do with throwing bait at all. He saw me whipping a lure and asked to try it and thats all he wants to do which is awesome as now I dont have to run to the bait store when ever he wants to go fishing! I took him 3 years ago and he did good catching fish but after that lost total interest in fishing so Im glad I finally got him back to being a man!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with #2 but if you guys love bass so much why are you up here in CT and not in Texas or Tennessee or around there?
anointed130

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and disagree with some of your comments,

1. I think there is a stigma that trout fishing is the end all\be all of New England, and a lot of money is wasted on it.

2.i actually use senkos, I also enjoy using other lures as well, one should not be faulted be use he uses senko's, they catch fish, and sometimes big fish. If your not out there to catch fish then you put down your rod and reel all together. If you know how to set a hook on a senko you won't gut hook it.

3. And as far as learning how to fish, I think that's why a lot of people are on this forum because they like to fish and like to glean more from others. But saying hey learn how to fish on a forum like this is like telling someone in driving school " hey learn how to drive" when there on a road test.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you don't like trout, Justin? Laughing

Unless I'm looking to throw something on the grill, trout aren't for me, either, but fishermen who like to walk the rivers are welcome to them. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to say, i dont use stick worms very often, but there are cases when you miss a take. Smaller rivers are much more difficult with current. To miss a take on a lake is much different than working a weightless plastic in the current. Add wind and handling a craft can result in a deep hooking. I fish a ton but have only two years under my belt. I still have a deep take once in awhile. I think fishing deep +20' is a far more preventable death, and fizzing a fish to help it survive is just a bad patch.
Martym122

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin are you just upset because your new boat isnt in yet? I would have thought you were a "Senko Master" LOL
Here is what I think about trout fishing........
If you want to eat a fish...eat a trout...Let the bass grow
Trout fishing in the state for the most part is a "put and Take" Like the Pheasant hunting program. I used to hunt pheasant in the state and deal with all the "opening day" hoopla. It was fun until some crazy bastard almost shot my dog. since then no more pheasant hunting for me. I took up bow hunting, a lot safer.My goodness, the launch at WestHill on opening day its comical. It's amazing someone doesnt get hurt
I really think it's silly that bass fisherman can't fish trout waters in early spring. WE DON"T KEEP OR WANT THE TROUT. Let us fish!! We aslo pay for licenses
I have fished for trout before. It's not my favorite thing to do. Sometimes trout are the easiest things to catch...sometimes ...Naaa. Whatever. It's not my thing.

Justin, my paison friend. Here is the best way to look at it .Trout fishing is like Golf. The people who don't Bass fish go golfing or trout fishing.Works for me...keeps them away frome the waters WE fish
flippy

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trout are NOT a waste,,,,,Bass love them,,and its great protein to grow some monster fish,,
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with #4. Gut hooks really shouldn't happen and certainly not often. Ive seen it before. Some guys just wait to long to set the hook. I prefer to swing as soon as I see the bite or feel the bite. Usually the way I fish that "tick" is the bass inhaling the bait. time to swing! No waiting the way I fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: