CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: CTR by shore anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toonces

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: CTR by shore anyone? Reply with quote

did my first striper trip this year to fish the Housy last week and it was a bust. it was a lot of driving for about six casts before we moved on so i'd like to stay closer to home and maybe fish the CT. anyone fish the CT river from shore and have any info for someone who's never fished it? i'm in Avon so whatever's the closest productive stretch that i can hike/park&hike/wade would be preferable. and do tides affect the river this far north? if they do, what kinds of delays are we looking at? i have many more questions, but that's a start. would like to fish Thursday night or Friday daytime even. thanks!
bassinthesalt

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either you didnt fish the housy hard enough or somethings out of order with you.they are in there and they are big. ill leave it at that........
toonces

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassinthesalt wrote:
either you didnt fish the housy hard enough or somethings out of order with you.they are in there and they are big. ill leave it at that........

a handful of casts is no doubt not hard enough but i passed several anglers who had a weak bite and my buddy who wasn't getting anything either. before that, he had been fishing the area for several days with lots of action and some big fish. leave it to me to kill a bite!

anyhow, that was a half a tank of gas for an area i don't really know and that's why i was looking for action in the CT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: