CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone Reply with quote

New to site i vote for no "lake x" reports..anyone second that motion?
JohnnyTep

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second it... but it ain't going to happen Rolling Eyes
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone Reply with quote

Johnny Skeeter wrote:

OK tell me!!! what is a lake X ??? Smile Smile . Geez you F W fishermen have a different language LOL. Smile Smile

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
JohnnyTep

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone Reply with quote

Old Mud wrote:
Johnny Skeeter wrote:

OK tell me!!! what is a lake X ??? Smile Smile . Geez you F W fishermen have a different language LOL. Smile Smile

A "Lake X" is a place where someone fishes, usually catches some nice bass, and then when they post about it they don't give the actual name of the place.. instead they say "I went to 'Lake X' today"...
Snagged

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone Reply with quote

Johnny Skeeter wrote:

If you make a no Lake X rule,the only thing that will happen is you will have less reports. I'm sure those that post Lake X reports aren't going to
post the name of the lake just to make a report. A lake X report can be very informitive without the location being given out.
The lures & techniques used can possibly be used at another Lake.
bigbeave1

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said snagged Thumbs Up
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well put... we will not be able to MAKE people tell where they are fishing... but we will get a good report out of it...

Just one more cast...
Old Mud

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets make this a no "lake X" reprots zone Reply with quote

JohnnyTep wrote:
Old Mud wrote:
Johnny Skeeter wrote:

A "Lake X" is a place where someone fishes, usually catches some nice bass, and then when they post about it they don't give the actual name of the place.. instead they say "I went to 'Lake X' today"...

LOL. OK thanks Johnny: Smile I never thought it would be that simple!! DUH Smile Smile I think "no lake x " sounds like a good idea! One big trouble with many in the commercial community is the secrecy of the location, total catch Etc. Like I think i'll keep it to myself and catch them all. Only to go back next time and find NONE!. If you share info and others can get a few all is good. if someone tells you of a good spot or a great catch Than it's WIN WIN for all.

If I tell you where the Tuna are biting, what bait they are taking and where they are wouldn't you return the info if you had it?? (WIN WIN)
Do you think it would wipe out the species??. Do you think you would have more fish than I ??. It all sounds simple to me Cool Cool

hookedup

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beleive these people that have a thing about Lake X reports. These are probably the same people that don't post reports. Have you ever given out a location and found the next day you can't fish it because there are 10 people that arrived before you? The internet is a powerful tool sometimes to powerful. I have people come up to me that I don't even know and say hey aren't you "so in so" from "so in so" website. Its scarey you don't know how many people read your reports. Giving out exact locations has been debated ever since the internet was created. I for one have no problem with someone posting with a Lake X as location. I can usually get something from that report. I don't sit on my couch and wait for an exact location in a post to go out. I go out and find a spot for myself. It takes time to find your own spots and yes there no "secret" spots so to say in CT but there are some spots that aren't as known as others. And I feel if I've taken the hours to find this location why should I announce it to the world so they don't have to do their grunt work.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Hooked: But as Johnny said "Ain't going to happen". I wish it was possible, one thing I think is we all have to get together. Share information. there should be no Rec. group or Comm. group we are after all Fishermen!! That old saying "United we stand devided we fall " can and probably will happen in the not to distant future. We and we alone have a hand at which way it will go !!

I don't want to sound to negitave here but I do follow what is happining with how our Reps. and elected officials vote pro or con for what bills. Both in the house and senate. There are a lot of bills out there that mean to stop fishing of many species. First Commercial and next will be the Rec. community! There are many Universites, Originations, Movie stars and individuals with a lot of money trying to help the world.

I do not think this is totally wrong but the science for many of these things is less than accurate, never the less everbody needs something to believe in. I think the only power the fisherman and sportsman has is NUMBERS!! Unless we all have a lot of money =power=political clout, we will have to go with NUMBERS=power=clout.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sorry for the RANT!!! Hopefully we will figure it out1

Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Lake X Reply with quote

Okay,..I promise no more lake X.
I was planning on moving over to lake Y this year anyway!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just a note: It wasn't me that started that lakeX thing,..I was actually requested by a few of the other lake-locals to stop naming the place in my posts when more and more fishermen began to show up there after my reports of big fish! So no matter what i do,..it's gonna make someone upset!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Just 4: not bustin chops on anyone just got a little rant going. Smile Smile
All is good ,Everyone has to do his own thing. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Old Mud

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
I'm very ambivalent about lake X and will probably use it from time to time...

ok now that you're done screaming at your monitor let me explain...

There are several ponds in NWCT that I fish from time to time that are completely on private land, I've spoken to the owners and have permission to be on their land and fish it. They're all small farm ponds, but they hold some nice fish, and every once in a while I'm lucky enough to catch one or two.

I might lake X those posts, but I will describe it, just not issue location out of respect for those property owners who have been kind enough to let me on their property.

The places I sneak to, I'll be happy to divulge!

" now that you're done screaming at your monitor let me explain..."

LMAO. Good one Lyman!!

Ok I never thought of the private thingy, None of that below the high water mark out on the BIG ONE LOL. Smile By all means one should respect the private property owners! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: