CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Eureka Lake/ Res.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BK

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Eureka Lake/ Res. Reply with quote

Hey all,

I just moved to the area and I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out the rules and regs in CT, specifically Eureka. Couldn't find anything online.
I headed out there today and found no posted signs or no fishing signs so I mozied on out down the peninsula there and it was awesome. What a convenient place to fish from!

My real question is, can I fish there with just a license or do I need to get a Reservoir license as well??

Also does my NY license work in CT or is that just for Marine aka Saltwater ( I was assuming it did work Smile )

Thanks all! BK
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Eureka Lake.

State regulations can be found at www.ct.gov/dep

NY State all waters license can only be used for CT saltwater. If fishing freshwater in CT you need an out of state license seeing you live in NY.
BK

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a decent size lake in the corner of Danbury that Bethel uses I think. From what I can find there is a pump house on it or something like that. I've only seen it referred to as a reservoir once. I know NY has wacky laws about Reservoirs so I just wanted to make sure I don't get locked up by the DEC or DEP (or whoever it is out this way) for fishing some sacred waters. If it were up to me I would make people stock their swimming pools and open it to the public.

Guess I'll have to go spend the 55 bucks on my out of state license.... sigh
bassLikeMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: regulation Reply with quote

There are sign sayin no tresspassing and is run by bethel waterworks. Bethel PD do come time to time and give out tickets or tow your car if they cant find you. I had a $250 ticket 2 months ago. Fish at your own expense
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

NY State all waters license can only be used for CT saltwater. If fishing freshwater in CT you need an out of state license seeing you live in NY.

Michael,
Indian lake is on the NY and Ct. boarder.
I know you can use NY or Ct all water fishing license there.
Think there's one more lake ...Will have to check the Angler's Guide.
SeaDog1
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Michael wrote:

Michael,
Indian lake is on the NY and Ct. boarder.
I know you can use NY or Ct all water fishing license there.
Think there's one more lake ...Will have to check the Angler's Guide.
SeaDog1

Just looked online at the 2013 Angler's Guide and found Indian Lake to be the only public lake where you can use a NY and CT license.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK im local

a couple years back we were told u need a bethel res permit since its owned by bethel

I havnt got stopped since

guys ice fish it with no problems either

I suggest bringing a book bag or some sort of tackle box (no grocery bags etc).I figure if you have a drink or some food (fast food or what ever) you have a better chance of getting stopped especially here since they are strict with leaving garbage / fishing line.

A lot of nice largemouth in there, some okay size pickerel, decent crappie and perch as well as bullhead.

Watch out for snakes though
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: