CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Lure color question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XploZion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Lure color question Reply with quote

So me and my buddy are heading to one of my favorite spots tomorrow. There were alot of boats out on monday because of the holiday and the water went from crystal clear in 10 feet to dark and muddy even in 2 feet of water. Im guessing the water Settled a little bit but what color lures do you all think i should try? im heading to dicks sporting goods tomorrow to buy new lures and id love to try some new colors / lures. Let me know what works for you all and what your favorites are and ill be sure to try them! thanks guys.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the depth like? What type of structure?

Bright colors and shiny pearlescent colors work best in stained waters.
XploZion

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYBE 30 feet at the deepest part but i think its less. Rock beds and submurged trees are things i want to try fishing
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapalas I'd recommend include Shallow Shad Rap, Jointed Shad Rap, X-Rap Shad Shallow, Jointed Shallow Shad Rap, Clackin Crank, Jointed Deep Husky Jerk, Shad Rap RS, and Dives To.

Depth is one thing you'll need to know when working different lures in different areas.
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with chartreuse

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
angry john

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the bright colors like chartruse or orange. Fishing trees and rocks you would be best served with a squarebill bait, as they deflect off structer better. There are some deeper divers that have a coffin bill which work a lot like the squarebill but get deeper. You may also want to consider some spinnerbaits with colorado blades, as they flash and make some noise, but also will not get hung up as much in the submerged trees.
NickT

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Go with sexy shad color Reply with quote

Sexy shad is a great color because it can be fished in a bunch of different types of water clarity. Some companies call it foxy shad its basically the same thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: