CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Ever Gotten Bitten?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Ever Gotten Bitten? Reply with quote

Wednesday while fishing Seaside Park I got to witness a fisherman get bitten by a 4 or 5 pound taylor. He wasn't handling it the right way after unhooking it on shore. Teeth of the chopper got him deep on the sides of a finger near the outer knuckle. He was leaking blood like crazy!

Anybody on here ever gotten bitten by a bluefish? How bad of a bite was it?

I've gotten bitten twice by snappers which don't hurt much. Last year was the last time and it got me on the tip of the finger. Hardly any markings.
Riverrat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t been bit by a bluefish, but I did get bit by a 150 lb Wahoo. Was holding him by the gillplate for a photo and the boat got rocked a little bit. My thumb slipped off the outside of the gillplate and my whole hand went up inside his mouth (inside the gillplate, not outside). He bit down on my pinky, ring, and middle fingers and thrashed around a bit. Ended up with 45 stitches =(.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn RR, that must have looked pretty nasty!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Riverrat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually just happy I didn't lose any fingers. I'm having issues posting a pic of the fish that bit me, but wahoo have nasty, nasty teeth (think: shark). As soon as I realized my hand was in his mouth, I was sure I was about to lose a finger.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at images of wahoo teeth. They have nasty teeth! Teeth look like a cross between shark and bluefish.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverrat wrote:
I haven’t been bit by a bluefish, but I did get bit by a 150 lb Wahoo. Was holding him by the gillplate for a photo and the boat got rocked a little bit. My thumb slipped off the outside of the gillplate and my whole hand went up inside his mouth (inside the gillplate, not outside). He bit down on my pinky, ring, and middle fingers and thrashed around a bit. Ended up with 45 stitches =(.

That's pretty nasty. Those things have razors for teeth. They absolutely slash through spreads. Your lucky to have all of your digits!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: