CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Trout Brook Elmwood section 6/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee_Boog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Trout Brook Elmwood section 6/3 Reply with quote

Parked at Nordfeldt Field in West Hartford/Elmwood and walked the bank of Trout Brook for about a half mile upstream. Really cool place that I occasionally hit with my ultra light Shakespeare. The action is usually pretty good everytime however no trout caught to back up the name yet. Grabbed to small but very nice looking 8" largemouth bass that were had on black gnat Joe's Flies. Guess it wàs my day to land Rock Bass as I hauled an even 12! A few under 5" but some were coming in at 9" which if you're lookin for some light tackle fishing is real fun. Had on 2 lb test fluorocarbon for the first time this year also no issues Smile all the Rock Bass were caught on a Bomber 4a
catch&release

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that near Beechland?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably no more then 5-7 minutes away, hit it again today real quick and got 2 more 10" Rock Bass on 2lb test.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy catching rock bass on light tackle. They're fun and aggressive.
catch&release

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know where your talking about, never thought there was fish in there. Have you ever fished the section near Blue Back where the path is across from KO?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fish further up past fern rd, there are some fall fish and lamb in that part of trout brook

catch&release wrote:
I think I know where your talking about, never thought there was fish in there. Have you ever fished the section near Blue Back where the path is across from KO?
twkayaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fish further up past fern rd, there are some fall fish and lamb in that part of trout brook

catch&release wrote:
snap fisher777

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any trout in there .I know where that is not sure what kind of fish run in it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: