CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Champlain 2013 Rotary Club Lake trout Tournament
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Lake Champlain 2013 Rotary Club Lake trout Tournament Reply with quote

So we had this years trip booked with captain Mick, and he called me to let me know we had all 3 days of the laker tourney booked with him, and could sign up if we wanted. None of us had ever fished them, but said what the heck and entered. Over 60 teams, and we placed 4th, with my buddy Roger's 15lb, 5oz laker being our best.

And we even made the local paper for our efforts Smile All in all, a good trip, but trolling is definitely not our strong suit!

SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice work! Those are some mighty fine Trout!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.....always a fun trip with my boys, but we were jonesing to cast for something! Back to pike next trip! Smile
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! I love it up there!
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second from last pic with you guys holding up some lakers. Was that circular scar on the left laker from you guys?
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdiggy wrote:
Thanks.....always a fun trip with my boys, but we were jonesing to cast for something! Back to pike next trip! Smile

I know how you feel. The last time I fished Lake Champlain with Captain Mick, I was with DirtyDawg10 (aka Derek) and Fishface (aka Tim). The weather was really bad that weekend. It was rainy, windy and foggy. If we hadn't driven up to Plattsburgh, New York, all the way from Connecticut, I think that Captain Mick wouldn't have even gone out on the lake. We ended up mostly trolling for landlocked Atlantic salmon and lake trout. As fun as that is, I'd much rather throw lures for smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and northern pike.

NorthEastFisherman wrote:
Second from last pic with you guys holding up some lakers. Was that circular scar on the left laker from you guys?

There are lamprey in Lake Champlain, so you'll often see fish with lamprey scars on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: