CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: O-Rings for wacky rigs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: O-Rings for wacky rigs Reply with quote

If your like me every time you reach for the wacky tool its emtey just like the rack at Cabelas when you try to refill supplys.
After Jason and my last trip out to Cabelas to find "out of stock again " I needed a better way to get O-rings fast so now I get them from .........

http://www.mcmaster.com/#
There $2.23 per 100 + $5 S&H that makes them $7.23 p/100 . S&H is per order not item, so the more you get the more you save.

Neoprene O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 010 ........................Item # 94115K01

They take orders right over the phone and I nornaly find items from them at the door next day 2nd day at the latest.
I use them for alot of my hardware needs, you just cant be the price or service If your thinking of building anything check them 1st you will save a ton of money .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad except for the S&H. I get them at Grainger near Brainard Airport in Hartford. Of course I work only a few minutes from there so it's easy for me. Here's a link...
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ORing-1KET3?Pid=search
Kimberultra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orings like that are quite common in the automotive and electrician fields. autozone might even have some
rvolkers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget the expensive O-rings!!!

i have been doing this for years and it works!!!!!

1. go to a cheap walmart or k-mart etc and buy a bag of the smallist zip ties you can find! usually 100 for around $2 - colored is fine i have used different colors as just a little triger for the fish! -- but my main stand-by is black!

2. put zip in the middle of the worm the same place you put the o-ring or hook directly - pull snug and cut off the tag end

3. hook directly between the worm and zip tie!

4. FISH FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can pre-rig worms for easy change of colors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: