CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: New Lowrance - Transducer Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: New Lowrance - Transducer Suggestions? Reply with quote

Recently I purchased a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI Unit at Cabelas, couldn't go wrong for the price. I took my Humminbird and re-did the wiring and moved it up front where my trolling motor is. I am in the process of mounting the new transducer and wanted to get some suggestions from everyone that has one. In the picture I made three circles. I am trying to stay away from circle number 3. Reason why is because my Humminbird wouldn't read at speeds higher than 10mph and it really pissed me off.

Suggestions on the best spot to avoid interference?

On some of the other forums some said spot 1 but I really don't think its a good spot due to the motor being right there. I guess it's the best spot because it has less disturbed water (bubbles)...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installation instructions that came with my Humminbird fishfinders had transom transducer placement recommendations. Have you read your manuals? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
The installation instructions that came with my Humminbird fishfinders had transom transducer placement recommendations. Have you read your manuals? Laughing

Lol yes sir I have! Most of the time I don't but I actually did this time. One of the placement spots they listed is where my humminbird is now and there's a ton of interference that's why I'm afraid to put it there. I bought a mounting plate, so if it doesn't work well I can always move it....just wasn't sure if anyone had the unit and had a secret mounting spot Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that mounting locations are specific to different boat hulls. Good luck finding the right spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: